AH yes engine help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

serrilion

In my own little world!
Well

Heres the simple scope

D16z6 with 153,500 miles... the last 53,000 have been very hard on the motor to say the least.

I removed the spark plugs the other day and I realized that there was oil on them... all 4 to be exact. So I looked it up in the Haynes manual and it said that I mite have worn seals around the piston rings ect. I wanted to know how easily replaced or fixxed this problem is... any ideas would be grately apreachated...

Thanks

To replace the piston rings you would need to tear the bottom end out (oil pan, crank, ect.) and replace the rings. Check over the pistons and the bores for any damage.

Awesome... Well not really, I guess I drive her till she dies lol, Then hopefully I'll have found someone to swap in the K20a3, btw were is a good site to find mounts for that motor to my 95 ex?

$10k but I believe that's including $5000 for the motor trans and ecu which I'm assuming he already has cuz he was all "found someone to swap in the k20a3".

Shit labor will definately bring it to 10k unless you do it yourself.

my .02 cents: Don't build a Honda if YOU'RE not going to build it. That's just what I think after Pepboys quoted me at over $3,000 just in labor (not engine) just to swap it for me so I got educated since then (5 or 6 months ago) and I've just started work on my first swap :). Which by the way cost $1,049 for the d15b vtec engine, trans, and ecu plus labor's free since I'm using my highschool's tools.

Last edited:
yeah i dont think a K-Series swap in a good idea. The cost compared to how much more power your going to get isnt worth it to me. Your best off swaping a B-series and building that.

Well the K was the right price, but thanks for the advice, I wound up selling it for more. Um I come back here when I done a little more digging about the B serires!

Back