ahhhh whole foods...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Problem is I'm a picky eater...it's the one childhood thing I never overcame

I eat very bland/basic food so that whole scene in there looks wack to me

I don't eat any subs/wraps/sandwich's except grilled cheese (or cheese quesedillas)...no soup, no fruit, only veg is corn, some variants of chicken, no seafood, ect

I'm much better about it now, when I was a kid it was hell going out to dinner

Im exactly the same way.. the woman hates it because she likes everything... im extremely picky

lol. you have to know what to get at the hot bar to make it manageable.

i personally wont buy from the hot bar, i'll just get random things that can be eaten quickly.

but, you cant get anything heavy.
and use the light plastic plate, go through the self checkout, and when you slesct a plate from the hot bar, choose the glass one. it will deduct a bit of weight because it zero's the scale to the weight of the glass plate.

just small things that can be learned from the employees of whole foods.

Problem is I'm a picky eater...it's the one childhood thing I never overcame
my mom was like, "we're fucking poor. eat or go hungry". so naturally i wasn't a picky eater. if/when i have kids, it will be the same way. they'll get food and eat it or not. it's a good way to overcome pickiness.

one of my sisters friends will ONLY eat mac & cheese (kraft blue box only) french fries, and pepsi. it's fucking gross.

E350 (background)

da394010.jpg

-not a Benz

My son eats a variety of stuff so I'm not passing on that bad habit

whoops, lol
eat or not is a lucky option
i was left at the table to sit in the dark until i finished my food, or eventually straight off to bed if it got late enough
something about a charred steak never really appealed to me
and to this day i still am not a steak fan
fucking cows and their propensity to burn on a grill

and use the light plastic plate, go through the self checkout, and when you slesct a plate from the hot bar, choose the glass one. it will deduct a bit of weight because it zero's the scale to the weight of the glass plate.
its that rough in the hood huh?
i feel like i need a shower from just reading that
dirty dirty trick

lol. its what the employees told me to do.
small tricks like that make a difference.

when getting a salad, dont put the dressing on it. put it in a side cup. majority of the time, you'll get it for free.

but what if they make you put it on the scale and you're stuck paying for the cup too?
just dump it on the salad and drop the cup on the floor?
BAIL OUT!!!

you should have just left the mac and cheese on the scale, looked them dead in the eye, and said... that's not mine.

Last edited:
my mom was like, "we're fucking poor. eat or go hungry". so naturally i wasn't a picky eater. if/when i have kids, it will be the same way. they'll get food and eat it or not. it's a good way to overcome pickiness.

one of my sisters friends will ONLY eat mac & cheese (kraft blue box only) french fries, and pepsi. it's fucking gross.

Meh fuck that. I work my ass off to be able to tell the dumbass kid behind the counter at Wendy's not to put pickles or mustard on my burgers.

Meh fuck that. I work my ass off to be able to tell the dumbass kid behind the counter at Wendy's not to put pickles or mustard on my burgers.

there is a difference between preference and picky. preference is just that. with or without pickles, bacon, extra cheese. it's just how you like it. being picky is annoying. it would be like walking into wendys and being like, "i only want fries and nuggets".

you could probably enjoy a nice meal at a restaurant. you would like a $50 steak. people who are picky would go into a nice restaurant and say, "give me a grilled cheese sandwich"....like hosmer. lol

there was a high end restaurant near me that had truffled mac and cheese
by far the best damn mac and cheese i have ever had
i'm just glad i wasn't footing the bill

there is a difference between preference and picky. preference is just that. with or without pickles, bacon, extra cheese. it's just how you like it. being picky is annoying. it would be like walking into wendys and being like, "i only want fries and nuggets".

you could probably enjoy a nice meal at a restaurant. you would like a $50 steak. people who are picky would go into a nice restaurant and say, "give me a grilled cheese sandwich"....like hosmer. lol

I guess we have different definitions of picky. I know I'm a picky eater. I don't do vegetables on burgers or pizza. I don't do mustard, but I'm allergic to it. (odd, but true).

I guess we have different definitions of picky. I know I'm a picky eater. I don't do vegetables on burgers or pizza. I don't do mustard, but I'm allergic to it. (odd, but true).

yeah, i guess a different way for me to put it would be like this. if you are at a restaurant and looking at the same menu, one person has preferences and one person is picky, here is what they would say.

Preferences: I'll take the steak, medium. with a baked potato, only butter and sour cream. and i'll get the salad with no onions or tomatoes.

Picky: Nothing on this whole menu looks good. i'll just get the hot dog and fries. no toppings on it at all. no mustard, mayo, ketchup. nothing.

Picky: Nothing on this whole menu looks good. i'll just get the hot dog and fries. no toppings on it at all. no mustard, mayo, ketchup. nothing.

this was me as a kid... not so much now, as i'm a little better

all i ate was grilled cheese, mac n' cheese, hotdogs no topping, hamburgers plain (meat and cheese)

this was me as a kid... not so much now, as i'm a little better

all i ate was grilled cheese, mac n' cheese, hotdogs no topping, hamburgers plain (meat and cheese)

uh, thats what kids do. taste pallettes change.

remember the first time you drank a beer? probably tasted like shit. then you had a corona and thought it was great. then maybe something a little darker. then a full microbrew. tastes evolve as you get older.

I don't eat hamburgers or hot dogs...they classify as sandwich's in my book

I eat steak though....regularly

Marie Callenders Vermont Sharp Cheddar Mac And Cheese > all.

You in actual Boston today, or the Whole Foods in Dedham?

I actually go there from time to time for lunch - but I only get the pizza or paninis.

Back