air cylinders or performace suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 3 2005, 12:50 AM
and i guratnee you neither have air ride.
[post=507153]Quoted post[/post]​

this is true.

I know this is an old thread, but was curious why this is considered such a bad idea? I've taken a ride in a 91 HB that had air cylinders (thing could park and suck a rim up to 3-wheel), and it had a nice ride. Not mushy, but not stiff unless it was almost locked up. It also could corner pretty good, no worse then my stock rex now (new OEM suspension). It may be more show then go, but the attitude that this board took wasn't what I consider helpful either. My first time on this forum (found through Google) and the attitude here is nearly as bad as H-T. Not the best if you guys are trying to build a reputable forum. Just keep that in mind. I'm done preaching.

I would just like to point out any car with a properly setup air ride will out corner any coil spring shock/strut setup.

Its been proven over and over again, if you want air ride go to ridetech.com

And with air ride suspention its about the psi, you can set it to your desired ridehight and it would ride like shit its cause you dont have your psi setup right.

Stay away from aim, and chassie tech.

Suicide Doors Air Ride Technologies are the only places you should every buy air products from.

If you hav ea horror story about air ride its prolly cause they used some cheap setup outof a mag.

Air ride is not something you want to go cheap on.

I would just like to point out any car with a properly setup air ride will out corner any coil spring shock/strut setup..

if this were remotely true, why wouldn't nascar, f1, indy, stock, insert your class name here use them?

not sure what to do here i want to have the airride but will it perform the way i'll need it to for the track or street racing if not can i get it to handle well enough with rigidity items (strut bars etc.) people tell me you can have show or performance but not both is there such a thing as a happy medium in this subject

here in holland is a companie that make great airride kits with koni`s bbs airride

Back