air injection

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97hatchdx

if i drop a 00 d16y8 block and trans with air injection intake mani

into my 97 dx hatch

will i block the air injection ports? or leave em be?

ill be running the 96p2p ecu so im confused to keep em or plug em:cool:

wait. what the hell is air injection?

Fuel injection maybe?

Do you know anything about cars at all?

big giant ?????

71 posts? A question like this?....

ya do you know anything about cars? lol

lol that video was just too elementry. maybe a scuderi air hybrid motor? i posted a thread on that one a while back.

not to threadjack, but the design above sucks(the one i posted), and it would be a bit more efficient and work better with 2 cylinders. Not to mention the pressures involved. You would end up having to put a lot of psi in that cylinder to get it to run decent. A lot of lost energy there. Gasoline is around 35% at best for efficiency?

I was just kind thinking a twin cylinder thats been phased in that matter to make the power a bit more even. Kinda like people did with old Yamahas. Maybe not the one piston shooting air into the other. I like it, looks much more efficient. I'd rep just with that random info but it wont let me yet.

Air injection ports are found on some intake manifolds.

I'll take a picture of the one I've got in the basement.

your not talking about an IAB or the like, would you?

...awaiting photos.

Ok, I just took some pictures. As soon as the 300-some pictures of last weekend's horse tournament get done importing, I'll put them up.

That pic looks like its a breather for the head. I don't remember seeing any lines in the head for that, unless is something specific to another country. Just looks like something you need to either plug and bypass or get all the stock stuff working for it.

So how exactly would it "inject" air, its just a bypass for the throttle body and if you're running boost it'll just leak because all it works with is the vacuum the piston moving down would create.

...I gotta get a new camera. Great shot of the horse and surroundings, and still good colors up close. What camera do you use awptickles?

Well, since the edit, it's obvious to me what it's purpose is. Most older cruise control systems work with vaccume. That's just where honda chose to locate that port on that particular manifold. Though if your wrong about it being part of the cruise control system, it would appear to be a head breather to me too. What's that for, a D?

I wish OP would come back and clarify as to what in the heck he's talking about.

And congrats OP, you probably wouldn't have gotten nearly as many replies if you wern't so cloudy. heh.

YOU GUYS CALL ME STUPID?

air injection is found on the 99-00 d16y8 intake manifolds. do your research before you talk shit

lol dude I owned that motor before I did my swap on my car. So... research is done.

There's no such thing as "air injection", and I'll even ctrl+f thru my honda service manual for your sake to see if they mention such a thing.

No one called you stupid. Don't flip out... no shit was talked.

If you want to maybe show us a picture of what your talking about it would probably be helpful

Well, scanned thru 2189 pages of my 96-00 Honda service manual, no results. Injection will hit, and so will the word air, but never do they occur in succession like "air injection".

So my search does function, and your air injection term had no hits. just to be clear.

those are for coolant lines...

Back