altima

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get some health insurance.

I'm telling you, replace it yourself, wait until tomorrow and find it.

yeah i think my mom will lend me the montero....

problem solved...starter...my mentor/mechanic....changed it for me for 30 buck.....gas money...lol

never mind...the battery was dead and i killed the starter cranking it.....he said that the altima has a sensor on the clutch pedal that tells the ecu its engaged...it broke and drained my battery...but he fixed that too...

i don't get it, what does the ECU need to know the clutch is engaged for?

My Audi doesn't even have that, let alone a nuetral safety switch

i guess i'm explaining it wrong.....we were smoking.....the point is he fixed it...and hes takng it to work (toyota dealeship) to make shure nothing else is going on...and he has most of his tools there.....

i need to get the rex started..i dont like to ask my mom for a ride to work..

.how much do you think a virgin obd0 pr3 is worth i think thats the problem

no clue...

That's not nearly as bad as my friend. He has 2 kids and 2 cars. He still calls his mom to bring him to work when he doesn't want to drive, she lives like 45 mins away and does it everytime.

Quoted post[/post]]
i guess i'm explaining it wrong.....we were smoking.....the point is he fixed it...and hes takng it to work (toyota dealeship) to make shure nothing else is going on...and he has most of his tools there.....

i need to get the rex started..i dont like to ask my mom for a ride to work..

.how much do you think a virgin obd0 pr3 is worth i think thats the problem

Virgin pr3 anywhere around 125-130 shipped, it would probably sell.

Quoted post[/post]]
i don't get it, what does the ECU need to know the clutch is engaged for?

My Audi doesn't even have that, let alone a nuetral safety switch

i know for a fact that 4th gen accords have that feature also. can't start the car unless the clutch is engaged. i guess its for safety purposes

ahh. Usually it's just a ground or something that when the clutch is enaged it disables the ignition. When depressed it allows the car to be started, I never knew they had ECU controlled nuetral safety switches.

so he charged the battery at night it started right up...he got to the dealer...then at noon nothing...he said he got it started drove to mcdonalds then it made it back....

so he told me to buy a new battery.....but wouldnt the alternater be bad...i called him back to ask him and he wont pick up......

if i take the battery to the auto parts and they charge it for me...wouldnt the charger tell them if the battery is good??? and if it is then its the alternater....fight?....

seems like i ask easy questions but i just want to make sure

It's free.

Bring your battery in, stick it in the machine. It will charge it in a few minutes...then put load on it, if the voltage drop drastically then your battery is shot. If it stays steady when "cranking" but after cranking drops, your battery is shot.

The have a machine for the alternator too. Again, it's free.

I'm sure it does.

Mine would peak at 14.7V, but would drop to 11.5 after the first crank, then lower and lower. It would hold 14V no problem, but would drop as soon as it placed under load.

Back