America sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nope, because we keep paying for them. Why the hell would a manufacturer of goods sell them cheaper than they are already able to sell them?

Move the fuck out of CT. You make fun of Indiana and Ohio all the time, but at least things are cheap(er) here. lol

Move the fuck out of CT. You make fun of Indiana and Ohio all the time, but at least things are cheap(er) here. lol

it's because the AVERAGE job pays much less than in other parts of the country.

B isn't average though, with his skills at his nerd stuff he does he'll be able to find a job here easily making 40-60k a year. 40-60k a year is more than enough for an M, a decent size house and some play toys.

...except i have 0 desire to leave my area, so its wasted breath.

I don't care where you are but 40k to have a mortgage, around a 1000 dollar car payment, and play toys is not going to happen. When I was making over 50k a year before I quit my job 2 months ago. I was comfortable but I could not even think about taking on a payment for an M. I found a decent paying part time job for now and I am surviving but I had to cut back alot in my spending. Thinking back on this I should have let them fire me which I know would have happened in a few months. Atleast I would have been able to collect. I got my sanity back.

Since all this shit started i've had to drastically reduce my alcohol consumption. I used to be able to drink a 5th of sub-$15 vodka . . . . . now i can't have 4 beers w/out getting a hangover.

That's just because you're (we're) getting old. :D

I live in Dupage County, IL (not unlikely to see a few Lambo/Viper/Ferrari a day) and rent is 1290 for a 2 bed/2 bath, vaulted ceilings, attached garage, and a fireplace. Thats pretty much the norm out here. For that I could have a nice ass house house in Columbus. Fk Chicago.

I count the suburbs as Chicago when it comes to broad locations. :D

Dupage here as well, have a pretty sweet deal going but it's not hugely out of the ordinary for the broader area. Renting house: $1010/month, 3bdrm 1.5 bath, on 2.25 acres of nicely wooded land.

What does make it a bit out of the ordinary is that it's in Burr Ridge (I think it's Burr Ridge now, see my other post about that)... One of the most expensive areas in the state.

Last edited:
My friends rich as mother-in-law lives out there. didn't half the mob and Bo Jackson retire out there. I heard a house "somehow" blew up a couple years back.

My friends rich as mother-in-law lives out there. didn't half the mob and Bo Jackson retire out there. I heard a house "somehow" blew up a couple years back.

Don't know if Bo Jackson still lives here, but I used to work at a restaurant called The Patio when I was 16, he was a regular there... would come pick up food for him and his son all the time. He knew most of us by name. :)

The house blowing up story is chock full of rumors here too, don't know exactly what happened. Mob hit, insurance fraud, gas leak accident, all kinds of theories.

Didn't even waste my time readin this one, just saw the tittle and had to comment...

If America sucks so bad you could move to one of those mid European contries that's soo much better. :)

sorry for the double post.

but seriously, are you retarded?
when is it ever as easy as 'just leave'

even if one could leave, there are very slim chances of being able to stay gone before the country of your choice (which i can almost guarantee has MUCH better immigration and border control than our pitiful excuse for security) boots you out and sends you back to america.

yes, europe is much more lax about letting people travel amongst the countries, so long as you are european, they hate americans.
we are stuck to limitations thanks to the shitty, corrupt, self centered government that is extended its power far beyond its welcome.

just move? you obviously are considering that moving to another country is as simple as moving to another state, you should reevaluate your concepts.

Back