Americas most hated family

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Another problem with the doctrine of Jesus is his stance on resistance. During the sermon on the mount he says "Resist not evil, turn the other cheek"

I do not believe God wants people persecuted while nobody does anything to stop it, that simply cannot be the will of God. What if you applied that to Dafor? Or the Holocaust? Or the genocide in the Balkans? We aren't supposed to stop that? I would submit that it is the will of God that we live as brothers and that the strong should protect the weak, not turn a blind eye to their explotation.

Last edited:
unfortunately to believe in Christianity as per the bible you must accept that

The book of Jeremiah was wrong about the new covenant
The Book of Daniel overstated the prophecy of the messiah
Livicatal Law is still in effect

I just left Christianity again based on the links I have posted above. No loving God would advocate the murder of your children just because their at odds end with you, he would not permit the enslavement of another of his children, yet these are all in the old laws that were re-enforced by Jesus.

I have seen many attempts by christians to deal with this stuff but it's always man made rationalities, and the bible itself tells you to turn away from that as well.

Christianity taken literally is no better then radical Islam, I do not believe god would act like that and I would never follow any God who did.

I agree, if we were to take the entire Bible literaly, then we would be living like a 3rd world country. If I remember right, there is a part of the ot that says we cannot eat pork, I personally don't know of ANY that follows that. Although I am sure there is probably one or two out there. So if most major religion leaves out certain details such as this I am not sure what to believe. I also know that the bible has been rewritten by different people with sections added and removed. So the only conclusion that I can personally make is that you must lead your life to the best of your abilities and hope for the best.

I don't care if your the Pope, a saint, whoever you will make mistakes and I don't think your going to burn if you are sorry for what you did and can make up for it. I like the quote in my signature for that reason.

and it says if he does he should be put to death, it's in the OT and the warm fuzzy christian idea that the OT Law's no longer apply were rebutted by Christ during the "Sermont on the Mount"

BibleGateway.com - Passage*Lookup: Matt 5:17-19
He's says,
18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
This is WIDE open for interpretation.
What i read means as soon as he defeated sin through his resurrection, he replaced the old covenants of animal sacrifice with a new form of atonement for sin. This passage has nothing to do with killing fags.

Christ also advocates the stoning of disobediant children and even took people to task on not doing it

BibleGateway.com - Passage*Lookup: Matthew 15:4;;

BibleGateway.com - Passage*Lookup: Mark 7:5-13;;

The passage says "he who curses his father and mother". It's not talking about a disobedient child, It's talking about a child that has lost all respect for parental authority. If we eliminated all the children who have this attitude the world would be a much better place. Also if a child knows he's gonna die if he curses his parents, he probably won't do it.
"Did you hear what happened to Johhny?"
"No, what happened?"
"He told his mom to fuck off"
"O, that's what that pile of rocks outside the city was"

He's says,

This is WIDE open for interpretation.
What i read means as soon as he defeated sin through his resurrection, he replaced the old covenants of animal sacrifice with a new form of atonement for sin. This passage has nothing to do with killing fags.

The passage says "he who curses his father and mother". It's not talking about a disobedient child, It's talking about a child that has lost all respect for parental authority. If we eliminated all the children who have this attitude the world would be a much better place. Also if a child knows he's gonna die if he curses his parents, he probably won't do it.
"Did you hear what happened to Johhny?"
"No, what happened?"
"He told his mom to fuck off"
"O, that's what that pile of rocks outside the city was"

While the second part of that quote is wide open for interpretation the part that says "Until Heaven and Earth Fall away" isn't. Knowing that "until everything is accomplished" means until everything is said and done, the heaven and the earth

Also, a loving God would at NO time demand the execution of a child, Jesus himself berates the Pharisees for not following through with the stoning of children

and to the guy who said that about not eating Pork, I thought that to until I read

BibleGateway.com - Passage*Lookup: Mark 7:14-22;;

is is argued by many to lift the dietary laws of the old Covenant, but it is quite obvious that the stonning of children is still law, and God wouldn't call us to hold such a law... ever

Last edited:
i would hate to be one of those non believers when i died just to find out its real and yup straight to hell

Except not all of us are so ignorant to believe that thats the only way this world could work.

As someone said earlier, I feel if there is a God than he will judge me on my good deeds in my life, not whether or not I said I believed.

I live a good life whilst believing, I don't think that puts me in any jeopardy should I have been wrong. I feel as though if I was wrong, God would accept my flaws, my mistakes, and who I am for an overall good person and save me.

i would hate to be one of those non believers when i died just to find out its real and yup straight to hell

This is why I hate religion. What the fuck is the point of this life if we're supposed to live in fear of whats going to happen to us for 'eternity' after this is over?

This life isn't eternal, why do we so deeply believe that the next one (IF there even is one) is eternal?

Maybe my reasoning is flawed, but since "God" is all knowing and so supreme, why not give us some of that knowledge so that free will doesn't get in the way of us living a life of worshipping and loving Him?

I mean what the fuck, he loves us and gave us free will, but then he's going to cast us out by choosing to USE what he gave us to use? That seems a bit hypocritical to me, and last I knew God was supposed to be perfect. Hypocrisy is a flaw, not part of a perfection.

that and creating a populous "for your glory, to worship you for all eternity" isn't a very Godly reason to create humanity at all. Kind of a metaphysical corvette-esque penis extension

A perfect and all powerful being doesn't need much positive reinforcement

that and creating a populous "for your glory, to worship you for all eternity" isn't a very Godly reason to create humanity at all. Kind of a metaphysical corvette-esque penis extension

And on the 8th day, God dyed his beard and bought a Porsche, and he saw that it was good.

Ever think of it like this:
What could be more fulfiling for an almighty being than to create beings that had a choice, be evil or be righteous, and have them choose with a free will to follow him.

And on the 8th day, God dyed his beard and bought a Porsche, and he saw that it was good.

You might be onto something. Maybe humanity is God's midlife crisis.

Ever think of it like this:
What could be more fulfiling for an almighty being than to create beings that had a choice, be evil or be righteous, and have them choose with a free will to follow him.

oh no, I strongly agree with you on this. We were created for a reason and you explain it well

my point was

while the Christian faith has many Godly and positive points there are many that are now understood as barbarian (stoning of children, god created us to stroke his ego, etc). That being said it can't be THE religion because THE truth is never changing and never found wanting.

Jesus's teachings have had 2000 years to be misconstrued and misinterpreted. You'd have to talk to the man directly to know if he has "The" religion. I believe prayer works, and talking directly is always better than reading someone elses translation of someone elses translation of what someone taught 2 millenia ago.

This is why I hate religion. What the fuck is the point of this life if we're supposed to live in fear of whats going to happen to us for 'eternity' after this is over?

This life isn't eternal, why do we so deeply believe that the next one (IF there even is one) is eternal?

Maybe my reasoning is flawed, but since "God" is all knowing and so supreme, why not give us some of that knowledge so that free will doesn't get in the way of us living a life of worshipping and loving Him?

I mean what the fuck, he loves us and gave us free will, but then he's going to cast us out by choosing to USE what he gave us to use? That seems a bit hypocritical to me, and last I knew God was supposed to be perfect. Hypocrisy is a flaw, not part of a perfection.
Faith

Back