Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OMG man you still tinkering with that thing? your wors than a man with 5 ex wifes! i guess thats the only way for you to find the right one.:lol:

good luck man. hope one day you can drive this thing for more than a year without tinkering with it.

i've got some crx plans of my own sturring up..... muahhhhhahhhh

Abel! You need to text or call me. I lost your # man. I've been trying to catch up with you!
I lost a lot of motivation on the CRX. I don't plan on selling it or anything. I'm just going to spend some time building a rat rod (latest kick). in the meantime I'd like to get the water pump changed out in it and such. I just have a LOT on my plate nowadays. Mostly only have time to tinker in the shop at Night, and I'm normally too tired from the days work/activities to wanna do anything 'cept chill. You guys know how the story goes...

yo yo!

well its 545-3670. you know you could pm right?;)

glad you stuck withal of this. looks like you have learned alot through the years. you better get something finished soon. hell i might be in another crx by then:eek:

peace homie

Terrance:

You're about to melt the fuck out of your AC low pressure line. Relocate immediately.

in the works. all motor build or pre built turbo car. right now i'm working on getting a super clean swapped crx. If it works out then slowly build and bottm end seperate,

looking for high compression 210whp n/a and mad torque........ big block style :)

Good. Work and family are keeping me from working on projects, but this summer I plan on building my garage... or at least getting the dirtwork/foundation done. We'll see how much money I have when the time comes, I'm gonna try to build it out of pocket, so it may take a year or three. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and get a construction loan, I dunno. I want a garage now so I can have some space to work. Having the civic parked is killing me.

I hear you man! I'm gearing up to move out later on this year so I'm saving my money like mad, too. hence why I haven't been updating this thread very much. no extra money to "waste" on the crx. Got other projects in the works and on the drawing boards, since the rex is pretty much 'done'.
good to hear your still alive though! :)

I look forward to seeing you able to get some work done on that cvcc! I miss seeing progress on it just as much as I'm sure you miss working on it!!

Hey Dave!
As a matter of reluctant fact, I haven't even driven the thing since I put the GSR in it. :( I swear my CRX is cursed! :S If it's not one thing, its another... all keeping me from driving and enjoying it. All I need to do is get an ignition coil for it and it's good to go. I just haven't found the time.

I've been traveling as much as possible the past few months. I just got back from Colorado snowboarding last week... and I'm leaving Friday for a Billetproof rat-rod car show down in Ocala, Fl... and after that who knows :) I'm just having fun man! living life.
Right now theres a 97 prelude in my shop I'm changing the headgasket on. it's a vtec, so it's kinda cool seeing how they have all of that setup. the extreme angle of the H's suprises me everytime I look at it haha.
And I've been working on my dad's El Camino a lot lately, Mostly because I get paid to do it, and because we're getting close to driving it, so it's just starting to get "fun" :)

Sorry for the lack of updates people! I just have other things preoccupying my time right now.
I am, however, working on the rex this week. And I have a game-plan for it... so it should be driving again soon! And it should be boosted fairly shortly after that :D I'm sticking D-series... unless I can somehow convince Terrance to let me boost this GSR. ;)

Later fellas! I'll post some pics and vids of this weekend's show for sure! Gonna be a blast!
Till then
-Andrew

Broke up BAD in 1 & 2 as you can clearly see. 3rd was pretty nice though. Just had to blow the cob-webs out ;)
And I gotta weld my exhaust up... bad! lol. open header sounds so crappy :D

found out why it was breaking up... I just had the dizzy loose and it advanced on me. it's feeling pretty good now!

I'll upload more ripper vids soon.

open header can be fun.. lol.. only for short period of time though.. i remember driving my EG open header all the way across town to get the exhaust done... got some crazy looks

It is!
I took it out again today to "really" drive it with a buddy in the car. (stupid me forgot to take the camera.)
I rolled into first gear (spin @ vtec) slammed second (spin) held it to the floor while it spun for a bit, caught, then hit third and chirped it pretty good! I wasn't expecting quite that much bump out of a stock gsr, but i'm very happy with it! the b16 trans is helping I'm sure... :)

Oh, and we're going to the 1/4 mile track on the 28th. I'm takin the rex- woot
I'm being conservative.... I'm shooting for 15.0 @ 94-95mph. I may or may not have drag radials this trip. we'll see.

Edit: yeah eg6 I drove my car for about a week daily commute to school and back... boy talk about annoying after a while! have to be so carefull to get on it... talk about a cop magnet!

Back