Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's probably gonna rain anyway man :( I'm HOPING.. But not counting on going.

You still planning on getting it aligned?

When I can drive it to the allignment shop, yes.

I'm gonna go ahead and say I don't think I can make it.
It's stupid for me to push this too fast and screw something up, and then we get there and get rained out.

:thumbsdown:

me too man!
It's just too bad they both don't fit right. I wanted to drive it last night....

Last edited:
it's just the passenger though right? that's super weird, I don't see why it wouldn't be the teg axles, thats what everyone else uses as far as I know

Nah, the passenger side is in and looks spectacular(all new and everything ;) )..

It's the drivers side. I just PM'ed Emily about the midshaft thing. Hopefully I'll hear back from her soon and figure this out.

It's just locking up everytime I turn the wheels straight, acting just like the axle is too long, so when it's turned, the CV joints can stretch out a little bit, but when I turn the wheels straight forward, it compresses it all, so I decided it'd be best not to mess with it too much and potentially mess something up, so I just puilled it out and called it a night.

thats probably a good idea, thats really weird though? how gay would that be if your driver side took the axle from one car and your passenger side from another

and whats even more weird is I was just looking at the pictures and it doesn't seem like they're any different from the stock ones except that they're new, and the stock ones didn't do that, so somethin must be goofy

Yeah. I sat there and measured and looked over the ends VERY closely for a while.
The only difference I noticed was the new ones were maybe a 1/32-1/16" or so SHORTER in some places, so it makes no sense to me.

I'm going to try again tonight. With a fresh mind, maybe things will work out.

Hope you didn't mess something up in the tranny on the install man...After you put the engine in :S

That would be bad..... But were not gonna think thats the problem right yet.

No, I definatly don't think somethings messed up with the transmission... nothing major happened during the install, so it's highly unlikely..

We'll see. It's raining cats and dogs right now, and I'm programing my mom's new computer I built her right now, so I'll try and do some work tonight

Got that right!

I'm gonna get it to the alignment shop asap. Hopefully today. It drives straight fine, and it turns left fine, but when I turn it right, it shakes a little bit.
We'll see what the alignment shop tells me is wrong.(they won't be doing any labor work, just diagnosing the problem/aligning my car.)

Whats cool, too, is that as you can see, I only took it to about 7,000rpm in the vid.
When I shifted to second, I didn't really "power" shift, and if you listen theres some tire spinnage(a lot more noticeable in person obviously)...

Thats cool.

My D would only chip when I hit 2nd really hard.
This spins a little bit when I hit second normally :S

i chirped my tires in 5th on the freeway when i had my b16 tranny.. but of course those weren't the greatest tires either.. it was still funny to see the guys face next to me when i chirped the tires doing 100 or so

This traction bar makes a world of difference!
I launched at a light with my buddy in the car on my way back to school from lunch-
Hooked and went. Almost no spin at all, and since my alignment is out so much, I about freakin went into his lane!(I didnt, but I was all over my lane!! lol)

Im going to stop by the alignment shop and see if they can fix me up after class.
We ll see how it goes.

Back