Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i need help second gen b16 into 90 dx mpfi civic wiring problems

Update 10/22

After a couple weeks of not posting I figured I'd just let you guys know that I'm still here...
I've been ordering stuff for the motor.. Valve cover gasket, IM & EM gaskets, water pump, clutch, motor mount inserts, etc.. Just stuff I'll need to replace.

I also installed some lowering springs. 1.75" ft / 2.00" rr. S2 springs, GR-2 struts.

After some un-nessesary beating on his own car by Abel(Taco15).... we finally swapped the springs(his lowering springs onto my ride, my stock springs onto his ride.)

abelbeatingcar.jpg

shocks.jpg

I'm waiting on the 'after' pic until the motor is dropped in. however, the ride height with the motor out looks just like the stock ride height with it in!!

------------

KMS should be done with my motor very soon. He's hoping to have it back to me by the end of the month, which doesnt give him very much time left!
They've installed most of the bottom end, and are now focusing on the head now... as far as I know.

I'll chat with him tomorrow at 1:00 and see what he says. if it's anything worth telling you guys, you'll hear from me.
--------

I'll be getting a ITR basemap put on my ecu(p28) to break in the motor soon... hopefully.
I can't be running an 11:1 motor on a ecu reading 9.5!

---------
Anyway... heres where I am.....

.....waiting on the motor......
---------

-Andrew

Last edited:
nice to see it all coming along......it must be nice to still work on your car and not freeze your ass off.....

I was wonderin what happened to this thread. Good to see you haven't given up. Keep up the good work man. I'm also jealous of you not havin to freeze ur ass off.:mad:

I was wonderin what happened to this thread. Good to see you haven't given up. Keep up the good work man. I'm also jealous of you not havin to freeze ur ass off.:mad:

that was yesterday. it was nice. Today is a different story:( We got a cold front and the temp dropped almost instantly throught the night. I'm typing with a freaking sweater on!:ph34r:

big ups to Andrew on his new suspension upgrades! My car now rides like i'm in the clouds even though it looks like a jeep:p

Took some pics of the car this morning.

Leftsideresized.jpg

Lfrontresized.jpg

The rear looks dropped.
The front looks like my stock springs(with the motor in!).

I'm very happy with them... I'll just have a fun time getting used to driving a low(erd) car..

i told you they would look awesome with those fat fives. you'll like the way it looks with the motor in.............................i guarantee it.

I'm positive I will... I loved the way your car looked...

*waiting on motor*
<taps foot repeatedly>

Update 10/24:

I'm about to re-paint the engine bay, but this time, I'm doing it right.

before:
81.jpg

No after yet.. i need to paint it first...

Just gotta find some good paint... Any suggestions, rattle-can wise? I'm thinking of the automotive paint(the small cans), because t hey have pretty good colors.
What'chall think?

well if u dont have a spray gun and must rattle can it....i would go to a paint shop and have them mix u a custom color into a rattle can or look thru the acura/honda color chips like i did and get an rsx color...tat would look sick!!!;)

If I spray it with a gun(which I can get my hands on, I'd just have to buy one), I'd go with 'Championship' white. (ITR), which I intend to paint the entire car with...

wait.... i guess it would make much more sense to spray it now with the future color in mind.... I guess I'll be looking around for some Champ. white from Honda or something.... (where else would I be able to get a Quart or so from?)

Thx red rex.

Thank you for the link.

I've never bought paint before... is ~$500 the average price for Primer / Base / Mid / Clear coat ?
(btw, thats 1 gal of each)

Last edited:
just saying.. you'll need a gallon most likely.. and why not buy it all together.. paint the bay and then save the rest for when you're ready to paint the car... IDK.. just a thought

It took a half gal to paint 2 fenders and 2 bumpers for me I believe... well the body shop I use. I am pretty sure you dont need a gallon of each to spray an engine bay... and probably enough to spray a whole car if that's your goal.

I was referring to painting the entire car.

I've decided to just paint the bay with spray paint. I plan to just spray some primer, some white paint, and follow it up with some clearcoat.

I think it will turn out good. I'll update as they come...

Back