Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Haven't been on Hondaswap in a year! I see your still with numerous projects. Congrats on your engagement.
Hopefully one day you will finish your car and drive for a year without messing with it. I went B16a2 turbo and loving it! IF you turbo the GSR, I dont see you going back to single cam turbo. GSR turbo is pretty fun especially the torque.
Whatever happens, happens right!

I honestly don't think I will EVER drive it for a year w/o doing something to it! :)

But thanks for the encouragement, bro! Can you post a few pics of your car?

I don't go 1 day without doing some additional planning to get ready for the rebuild/turbo of this motor. Got a lot of stuff to do in the mean time, namely: help Terrance finish his Integra, but it WILL happen! :D

Honestly I believe that when I feel Terrance's turbo GSR again, I'll immediately start buying rebuild parts. :)

Well, now that your engaged, your gonna have less time to work on your projects! I speak thru expierence! LMAO! We'll see what happens to Terrance GS-R turbo.

I'll post a picture soon..... Actually right now my turbo is off the car because my AFI manifold started to crack at the wastegate, so I need to take it to get welded. While I'm there, I'm gonna replace any and all gaskets and flanges that pertain to the exhaust along with the couplings of the pipings, and the intake manifold gasket because its leaking. I did the rebuild a year and a half ago and its still running like a champ and its my daily driver as well.

Andrew, I am new to honda's and learning everything I can. I have been to a lot of websites and let me say you have one of the best build threads I have seen! So good job :)

A pic from his Wedding. He's on his honeymoon in Mexico now :]
andrewswedding.jpg

A couple more pics.
weddingparty2.jpg

weddingparty4.jpg

weddingparty5.jpg

I'm the guy on the far left.
weddingparty.jpg

It was a pretty small wedding (only 47 people there) just close friends and immediate family. Have a big reception to go to this weekend for everybody else who as not invited. Only problem with the wedding is it was REALLY hot (like 96 degrees). That sucked.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'm home safe from meheeko and had a blast. horseback riding, ziplining, tequilla and tortilla factories, beach, pool, sun, etc. It was awesome!

P.S. I love how this thread has shifted from "my car" to "my life" hahaha

It's because you won't do any work to the Rex! She needs help man. Neglected and sad.

Help her out....

In other news, check out his grooms cake! Yes, this is his actual cake from the reception (crap cell phone pic).

0613101323b.jpg

Win!

Alriiight! Andrew did some work on the Rex! I was their to take crappy cell phone pics :]

I'll let him fill in the details, but some good stuff is happening to the Rex.
------------------

So he bought some sound deadening meterial and since he removed the OEM sound deadening stuff, he wanted to quiet things down a lil bit. Also relieve a lil heat. So we were just going to pull the passenger side seat and put the stuff on the passenger side only.

0624101402a.jpg

You would think that since he's married now, he'd have no trouble with his right wrist...
0624101402b.jpg

The stuff he's using is intended for roofing. Pretty easy to install. 6" x 25' for $18.00 I think he said. Alot of goods for the moneys.
0624101412a.jpg

So we did the passenger side and I suggest we go ahead and pull the drivers seat and carpet. Sooooo.. We do.

Then were like.. "Heck, we've came this far, might as well pull the dash too.
Sooooo... We did.

0624101438a.jpg

0624101443a.jpg

0624101552a.jpg

0624101447a.jpg

0624101446b.jpg

Go speed racer, go.
0624101444a.jpg

So, the Rex doesn't have a dash in it right now. He's got plans though and I give em a 1000% thumbs up of approval.

As far as the stuff working (which we did go ahead and put the sounds stuff on the firewall and driver side of the car) he said their's a big difference, even with the carpet and dash out, it's quieter!

Anyway, their ya go.. An update that actually deals with Andrew working on his car.

:]

Three months from now we'll be hearing, Andrew's wife is preggo with TWINS! LOL!!!!!

Oh GOODNESS I hope and pray not!!! haha.
===============================
Anyway, yeah I'm pretty excited about doing all of the insulating. The stuff is called Peal & Seal from Lowes. It's like $15 and works really well! I'm gonna apply 1 more roll in order to 'double up' in some areas, namely the firewall itself and the exhaust channel.

I hope I can actually get through all of this, but the plan is: to reinstall my air conditioning. Yeah, I said it. It's hot down herrr in FLA. And now that I've got a woman ridin with me in the car (And btw Terrance, I chuckled at the "right wrist" comment. Touche. :)), I gotta have some sort of creature comforts; and that's a basic pleasure- A/C. And don't worry! Now I can use her camera so I can actually document my work!!! Yay!!! haha

Ok, I got all of my wiring done and all of the boxes under the dash installed, and most of the dash in place. I'll get some pics today. I had to pull the fender to run the wiring for the compressor and fan, but it's all good. I've done it so many times it's stupid easy. I need to extend the fan wiring, but it's just two wires.

The only thing left is to BUY is a new receiver/drier, a bracket to make it work on the GSR, and some new o-rings. I'd really like to tuck the lines, but it might have to wait... I want A/C now :) maybe this next winter I can do it.

Pics later!

Yeah I know the feeling... Look at how great I am at uploading pics lol...
Busy isn't always bad. But I prefer to be laid back... I bet you feel the same!

I try- but I'm actually busy almost all the time! 50 hours a week at work, and then I try to spend around 10 hours a weekend in the shop that's all the way across town... which in Dallas is about an hour's drive each way.

Back