Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so start your own thread n00b!!... whats with people these days??

I'll post that vid up later today.

Then you can also see how slow my shifts are...

why are you racing an 11 second car? was it like a test and tune? normally you can match up with someone that you know or is similar to you.

why are you racing an 11 second car? was it like a test and tune? normally you can match up with someone that you know or is similar to you.

Yes it was a TnT.
There was 6 lanes of cars, so we just went with the flow.
I didn't mind really... I was just happy to run my car.

I ran against my buddy's Ultima(nickname) you see there in the pics. he has I/H/E and bought some brand new DR's for the day. His best run was 15.9 with a 2.2 60'. Unfortunatly, when I ran him, I had engine trouble(o2 sensor wires melted and shorted out together! scary!) and coasted a 20 @ 55mph. lol.

great job lill bud the car looks sweet motor great, work done was the best ive seen, a mini-me is great to do in the crx thangs to do if you wanna go more (cam,fuel,MSD,JDM UCU-chiped will do the work for you with other cars at the track. OOOOh and last most import,,, clutch 4-5-6 puc will get the power to the wheels with your set up seems you only need the clutch, but i love it great job if your done -------DO MORE lol ,,, crxs-minimeeee vtec.

Thanks man.

You know, I thought about getting a Stage 2-3-4 clutch, but I opted for a Exedy Stage 1 b/c it's my daily driver.

Actually, I guess you could call it a "mini-me", but it's pretty much a Z6. D16A6 block, z6 head, as Calesta once said, the only difference between the two blocks(a6/z6) is probably the weight of the lettering exchange from A to Z.

:p

Thanks

IM IMPRESSED by your project... well done the whole thread was well worth reading...

Andrew i think that you should go to an autox event.
all the money that you spent on this na engine could be better suited for autox instead of drag. just a thought....13.8-16+ sec runs aren't that much fun. racing around a track is better... i love drag but i think scca racing is WAY better.

Back from the dead!

1,700 miles and counting!
I need to adjust my valves(not chattering, just probably needs to be done).
And I'm gearing up for the Dyno tune(DynoJet), so I've been doing a few things to the car...

Got my Intake in [D16Y8]
DSCN2363.jpg

DSCN2364.jpg

And got some exhaust done! VERY happy with this setup!!!!
2.5" crush bent piping
18" or so resonator
Turbo III muffler

DSCN2586.jpg

DSCN2607.jpg

DSCN2601.jpg

Looks stock ftw!

DSCN2611.jpg

Video \/ . Sounds near-stock inside.
the second 'blip' is to 4500rpm.

IM install and Dyno soon!
-Andrew

Last edited:
I think it's called a "turbo III" muffler. And I love it. It's so quiet, and a pretty straight through design-

:thumbsup: from me. I love the way it sounds! nice and throaty, and with the resonator, I don't hear ANY rasp/whine.
-Andrew

2.5" seems a little too big [it is crushed though] hmm?
sounds good
is that just a regular straight through resonator?

cherry bomb makes the mufflers...

Yeah, I went with 2.5 b/c of the crush bending.
And yep, it's a straight through resonator. I looked inside of it, and it's got little bumps on the sidewalls of it.. I guess thats just part of the design. It was pretty cool :)

Back