What should I do?

• Keep the honda and turbo it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the honda and buy a harley

• F

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fart. why a nissan? why not get a bmw, a lotus, or an audi, or a z06

true, i know that my next car is gonna be a car that i can be happy with stock. MAYBE bolt ons and perhaps suspension...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 13 2004, 05:21 PM-->
civicious
@Sep 13 2004, 06:15 PM
pluh. custom fabrication ownz joo.
[post=389808]Quoted post[/post]​

flipping and burning cars owns j000 :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
[post=389813]Quoted post[/post]​

B's jealous because his girl can't push the sol, with him in the driver's seat making turbo noises, fast enough that it'll flip.

pluh.

yeah and since i already know i'm paying 2500 for the car ( god willing he still has it) that's obviously not going to happen

just make sure you get a good condition 240..........there are many that are shit. I paid somewhat of a premium for mine but there was no dents, no rust, two cams :) AC working, aftermarket headunit, new aftermarket moonroof that doesn't leak, and I converted the interior to black. You'll be happy if you can actually drive the car for a year and have nothing go wrong with it, while you save up for parts and such.

As far as RB......parts are double SR parts, and hard to get a hold of and the selection is limited.

There are some fast CA18's......but i never researched that motor enough to care though :D

yeah, i think the decision is to buy a 240 that drives and runs at least halfway decent- Save up for the sr swap, ungrade turbo, suspension and all that great stuff-

i've basically made up my mind, the car is on ebay, and providing i can get somewhere near my reserve price, it will be the end of my honda days

I'm so tired of this "Buy a Nissan" conversion the entire fucking USA is going through. Yeah, RWD is better, but why buy a car when the only good motors for it come from overseas?!

Buy you a damn Nissan. I'll PWN you on the street anytime you want, and still be able to buy my parts at the dealer's counter, not from an importer. :p

240s may be the new civics, but up here in my area, the Great Honda to Nissan Shift isn't happening yet... wtf, I'm actually predating a trend here! Although, the nearest place to drift (on a track) is 3.5 hours away. :p I could always pull a riceboy and do it on the street! :lol:

Anyway, I'm not riding coat tails here - I'm going to make the move to a 240 more for the increase in performance than the drifting trend. I could care less about drifting, because there's nowhere to do it here. Bottom line is, a 240 is going to be easier to build, more fun to drive, and faster than my civic ever was. :p

That's probably what our friend Slammed90lude is thinking... except he's probably looking at drifting with stars in his eyes :p

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 14 2004, 11:12 AM
Bottom line is, a 240 is going to be easier to build, more fun to drive, and faster than my civic ever was. :p
[post=390109]Quoted post[/post]​

doubtfull, doubtfull, and doubtfull.

i own one.

I know. But does it have the SR20? The "faster than a civic" argument doesn't hold weight with you, cause your sol is a monster. My civic still has the sewing machine under the hood :p Even with the KA it will be faster than my civic. The "easier to build" statement, for me, means cheaper. an SR20 swap package is much cheaper than a B18 GSR.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 14 2004, 01:00 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Sep 14 2004, 11:12 AM
Bottom line is, a 240 is going to be easier to build, more fun to drive, and faster than my civic ever was. :p
[post=390109]Quoted post[/post]​

doubtfull, doubtfull, and doubtfull.

i own one.
[post=390150]Quoted post[/post]​

im with brian. having been a past 240 owner and my girlfriend's current mechanic of choice (she owns my old 240) the car is not easier to work on. its an electrical nightmare even with stock wiring. everytime something gets really wet under the hood, be it due to a power steering leak, oil leak, or even water something shorts out. we've been though 2 alternators and one starter. ive had to replace countless poly-cog belts for her. also, try getting a wrench in some spots under the hood. try changing the clutch. helloooo and goodbye.

i wouldnt dream of owning another nissan, unless i got an nx2000 for super cheap, but that isnt going to happen.

sell the honda get a Z06 or Zr1 :) or buy a torquey 1991 and build the engine :)

I hate you all. :p

I'm just gonna sell my car and buy beater that nobody makes aftermarket shit for so nobody can tell me I'm making bad choices. Hmm... maybe an '86 Buick Skylark... <_<

Seriously though. All cars have their problems. For me, a 240 will be an upgrade so that's what I'm gonna do.

y not do some searching and find yourself a turbo FC. Yeah there not as reliable as a civic, but they have a ton of potential, rwd, and a lot faster than your civic is as it stands. and everyone loves the dancing dorito!!

Back