Another fatal street race in California

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotUrAverage_Si

I've seen (on the news) and read about 4 street racing accidents in the past 2 weeks in Southern California alone, 2 of them being fatal. This one in San Diego is one of the fatal ones.

The driver (a Marine) of a crx was racing at upwards of 100mph and slammed into the back of a cement truck. The accident claimed the life of the Marine as well as his 24 year old pregnant girlfriend...So three lives were lost. The other fatal crash happened in Los Angeles and also claimed 3 lives. Both passengers in a 350z that was racing a BMW and as the 350z lost control it hit a transient who was sleeping on the sidewalk, also killing him. Anyway heres the story and some pictures of this latest accident. When will people quit this madness? :(

http://www.thesandiegochannel.com/news/369...hannel....;bp=t

Below are some pictures of what remains of the crx:

3703155.jpg

3703146.jpg

and i don't care if you all think its callous....thats what you get for being dumb with other in the car and indangering the lives of other innocent drivers. just like all those a holes on bikes pulling stunt on the freeway...that what youuget when you go down. I wiuld have much more compassion if it happened on a track...

The only ones I feel sorry for is the pregnant girlfriend and her baby. They were the only innocent ones in this mess, the driver got what he deserved but too bad he had to take 2 innocent people with him.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Sep 9 2004, 10:58 AM
The only ones I feel sorry for is the pregnant girlfriend and her baby. They were the only innocent ones in this mess, the driver got what he deserved but too bad he had to take 2 innocent people with him.
[post=387957]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Sep 9 2004, 12:58 PM

i concur..

Maybe people would understand if they came remotely close to dying.

A story

I was out with my friends doing the Street RAcing shit when the cops came, everyone ran off, well the guy whom I was riding with nearly flew off the road, into a gravel pit, the car came to rest just 6-10" from a light pole probably 24" in diameter. After this happened, I stopped talking to the guy and stopped going to the Street Races. I almost died, no I stick to the track or a group of friends in a parking lot on Friday's and Saturday's. No more street racing for me.

I to dont feel sorry for the idiot who took the life of his unborn child and his girlfriend. This is my train of though, he spent 3 months in boot camp to become a Marine. Now he's dead, at his own fault not at the fault of someone else, but by his genuwinely bad decisions. no to mention, his precious unborn son/daughter never go to see the light from the sun nor the moon. I have no remorse for people who go like this, it was totally avoidable.

I bet you 10:1 the car was completely stock, no mods other than wheels, and he thought "Im a Marine, Im untouchable" thats what they teach you in the Marines.

I feel for the girlfriends family... who not only lost their daughter, sister, niece... but they lost a unborn infant who they never got to see nor tell the poor child they loved it. And now becuase of one assholes mistake, they will never ever be able to tell their daughter they love her either.

So everyone, if you do street race, please stop. It's getting rediculous.

That's all, Brian

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Sep 9 2004, 12:58 PM

got what he deserved? tell me you never raced or went fast down a street? if you have (wich its very likely you have) you schould have deserved to die. right ? no!
its very unfortunate that happened. none of these accidents these people deserved to die. just let it be a lesson to everyone.

Originally posted by erebunicrx+Sep 9 2004, 01:09 PM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Sep 9 2004, 12:58 PM
The only ones I feel sorry for is the pregnant girlfriend and her baby.  They were the only innocent ones in this mess, the driver got what he deserved but too bad he had to take 2 innocent people with him.

got what he deserved? tell me you never raced or went fast down a street? if you have (wich its very likely you have) you schould have deserved to die. right ? no!
its very unfortunate that happened. none of these accidents these people deserved to die. just let it be a lesson to everyone.
[post=387968]Quoted post[/post]​

yes he died. that is unfortunate. but an asshole that would race with a pregnant girl in the car, fuck that. I would kill him if he didn't die. that is wrong in my book. And yes I do live by this. I have raced on public highways, but by myself . I would never even think about that with my girlie in the car. specially one that is pregnant.

how the fuck do you NOT see a cement truck and hit it from behind?

Thank you, Darwin, for making the world a little safer for taking out the dumb fucks 1 at a time.

Originally posted by erebunicrx+Sep 9 2004, 11:09 AM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Sep 9 2004, 12:58 PM
The only ones I feel sorry for is the pregnant girlfriend and her baby.  They were the only innocent ones in this mess, the driver got what he deserved but too bad he had to take 2 innocent people with him.

[post=387968]Quoted post[/post]​

I won't deny I use to street race, and then over a year ago I was broadsided by a girl who was street racing going 55-60mph. The insurance company was ready to declair my car a total loss but decided at the last minute to fix my car which took almost 3 months. I have never gone back to the street races since then nor have I gone over 60 miles an hour on the street and that's with the speed limit being 55. I believe I got what I deserved for being at the street races knowing that it could happen to me, but I was still there. So it was a wake up call for me and I'm glad it happened cause who knows what would have happened to me by now if I were still street racing.

I witnessed an Accident during some street racing.

I was 17, and a four door 98 Civic SEdan w/LS swap and a 92-95 Prelude VTEC were going to race. One car, the civic pulled out of the lot to go to the "start" line and basically T-Boned the Accord. Hit it so hard the Prelude's axle came out, leaving the car unmovable. And the Civic, well he tried to run, which insued a Car chase of all the hardass street racers... which led into another car accident, this time with a Semi.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 9 2004, 10:20 AM
how the fuck do you NOT see a cement truck and hit it from behind?

Thank you, Darwin, for making the world a little safer for taking out the dumb fucks 1 at a time.
[post=387985]Quoted post[/post]​

WAHAHAHHHAHAH!!!! So true

I'm not even going to bullshit, I still drive fast here an there but I don't race anyone and there's no way my pregnant girlfriend would be in the car. When I have people in the car they're lucky to see me do more than 75. Why because when you hit a tree at 60 mph...you'll know.

DONT FUCKING STREET RACE WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND YOUR UNBORN SON!!!!!!!! They make tracks for that shit. i almost died in a stealth tt AWD doing 140 when it spun a main bearing and lost all engine power....with 3 ppl in the car. we almost didnt stop before the corner...i swore off driving fast with someone other than me in the car after that. what does it prove? your a dumbass who wants to endager the lives of all the individuals on the road around you thats what it proves. prove your cars fast on the track not on the street

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 9 2004, 02:17 PM
I'm not even going to bullshit, I still drive fast here an there but I don't race anyone and there's no way my pregnant girlfriend would be in the car. When I have people in the car they're lucky to see me do more than 75. Why because when you hit a tree at 60 mph...you'll know.
[post=388096]Quoted post[/post]​

ive told ppl i was riding with to stop before.....that shit doesnt work sometimes...and they are no longer my friends.

I dont tell em to stop, if they get busted for speeding or wreckless driving, I tell em, I told ya so'

OHHH Ashlee Simpson is on my iTunes player!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back