Another fatal street race in California

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
who cares? people die everyday in different ways. its not the first time that someone hit a semi and died, or that someone wrecked there car and killed passengers in the process. shit happens. somethings we can prevent, and other things are out of our control.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Sep 9 2004, 03:54 PM
who cares? people die everyday in different ways. its not the first time that someone hit a semi and died, or that someone wrecked there car and killed passengers in the process. shit happens. somethings we can prevent, and other things are out of our control.
[post=388130]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats true, I believe you and I had this talk before. Why do people cry when someone dies. I guess Im morbid... but we all go at different times.

Originally posted by 88bluehf+Sep 9 2004, 02:43 PM-->
92civicb18b1
@Sep 9 2004, 02:17 PM
I'm not even going to bullshit, I still drive fast here an there but I don't race anyone and there's no way my pregnant girlfriend would be in the car. When I have people in the car they're lucky to see me do more than 75. Why because when you hit a tree at 60 mph...you'll know.
[post=388096]Quoted post[/post]​

ive told ppl i was riding with to stop before.....that shit doesnt work sometimes...and they are no longer my friends.
[post=388119]Quoted post[/post]​

wrong quote....lol...this is the one i meant
driverunknown Posted Today, 02:22 PM
  Like she couldn't have told him to stop.

Originally posted by hybrid89@Sep 9 2004, 12:53 PM
and i don't care if you all think its callous....thats what you get for being dumb with other in the car and indangering the lives of other innocent drivers. just like all those a holes on bikes pulling stunt on the freeway...that what youuget when you go down. I wiuld have much more compassion if it happened on a track...
[post=387951]Quoted post[/post]​

I hear ya on that one.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Sep 9 2004, 12:27 PM
When will people quit this madness? :(

Human nature dictates that the madness will stop when there are no more humans.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 9 2004, 10:20 AM
how the fuck do you NOT see a cement truck and hit it from behind?

Thank you, Darwin, for making the world a little safer for taking out the dumb fucks 1 at a time.
[post=387985]Quoted post[/post]​

That and you can thank him for taking care of the offspring too.
Yo, this is why street racing is stupid.

*sigh* well, it's sad. it sucks... but this guy was a fucking moron. anyone endangering my kids' lives will have hell to pay if i ever track them down.

i dunno, what kind of man does that anyway? dave and i used to drive crazy like that, till we realized we'd kill ourselves doing it... or together. now we have priorities.

OUR CHILDREN. it's too bad their families now have to grieve the loss of their own kids.

really all we can do is try to control ourselves and not concern ourselves w/ what others want to do. streetracing has been aroun since people figured out how to modifiy a car, itll never end. hell songs have been written about it(deadmans curve). its all about the decisions we choose to make, God will do the rest.

my .02 cents

I would just like to say i have been in my car driving with girls when they say "Go faster" So you cant just say you should do it by your self because i have been in the car wityh people who dont care and would be doing it if they were driving. Some times every one isint thinkin, though the driver is in control it may not always be his fault for geting in to the race, hell i have had girls ask me to take them to the street drags.

Ps. im not trying to condone or agree with street racing im just pointing it out

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Sep 9 2004, 06:21 PM
Passengers= ballast to provide more predictable handling.
[post=388214]Quoted post[/post]​

:D :p :lol: :lol: :D See now Loco has the right idea.

If you can't fight the urge to speed and race on the street becuase a girl is telling you to drive faster, you shouldnt be driving. My .02

Your making to much out of it. And besides if what you trying to say is you have never done a stupid thing for a girl befor your an igit. My .02

Point is its very easy to have a laps of better judgment. Its kinda embarrassing to admit but i did, and guess what else lol i got a ticket that night because of it... so :nutkick:

Girls tell me to go faster, I say "yea sure" and do 10 mph slower than I already was then I ask "you want me to go faster now" and do what I was originally doing, they can't have everything they want and sarcasm and playing games gives it some humor. The girls that I know, know not to ask something they know I won't do, it's pointless because I'll purposely do the opposite.

Girls shouldn't influence you, you wanted some pussy right? Was it worth the ticket?

LOL i gota say i wasint that desperate BUT this girl is half asian and half mexican, and her name was Angel. So over all it was kinda diging the whos situation and just happen to be feelin good, it was stupid what can i say, i dont really like admiting it, i didint even tell my close homies the truth. Said i was by self even. But yeah she was just freakin Hot.

we should leave the guy alone, he is a marine, they are best at doing what they're told.... the guy probably makes bad decisions (really bad, in this case).

whats done is done, i makes me sick hearing about it but he's dead, so is his wife and unborn child.

Originally posted by word@Sep 10 2004, 09:30 AM
we should leave the guy alone, he is a marine, they are best at doing what they're told.... the guy probably makes bad decisions (really bad, in this case).

whats done is done, i makes me sick hearing about it but he's dead, so is his wife and unborn child.
[post=388510]Quoted post[/post]​

He was a Marine... the inconsiderate bastard is dead, thank god I dont live in Cali.

well, there's drunk drivers, there's street racers, there's teenagers, there's innocent people.

this wouldn't be an issue if a streetracer hit a drunk driver? why? killing two birds with one stone.

however, here, i'll admit, i'd egg dave on when we'd be driving around. i get a thrill out of it... i love going fast, i love driving dangerously. NOW, it's a different issue, i'm still a crazy driver, but i don't do it like i used to. i don't drive over 100 every chance i get... i still drive 70-85 on the freeway, and i still get pissed at people who piss me off... but, it's who i am. sure, i'll indulge in a speed contest with another person here and there... and i'm not going to say 'but i know what i'm doing' or all that jazz, because, what i'm doing, while i'm doing it, is stupid, and yes i can die. if i do, then it was my fault. i know the risk i'm taking when i do it, and i do it anyway. but when there's kids in the car....

i don't know... maybe if racing tracks were free. i'm sure most people would just rather race on the streets unless they've experienced something traumatic.

there's too many factors on the street though.... i drove down to oklahoma/arkansas and they have some decent twisty roads there in the country side. i pushed the car extremely hard. i was pretty lucky that i didn't crash and die when i think about it... cuz when i got back to my home state... i was going around a lake, my friend was following me, we were just going at a moderate pace, maybe 60% of what we'd usually go at. he wanted to test out his new tires. but i come to a turn and i lose feedback from my front wheels, brakes don't work, and bam! i crash into a tree. my guess is i hit a bump and the car went airborn or else there was some loose gravel on the road. when i came back to the scene in the morning, it's as if my car didn't even turn, it just flew straight into the tree. the car wasn't that bad, but a lot of the body was scratched... i side swiped a tree. it was totalled cuz the insurance company only gave back the price of the car, parts and labor would have been way more. so yeah, it frustrates me to get owned by something like that haha... when i wasn't even trying.

i learned my lesson... that racing on the streets is bad... even if you aren't going that fast... no need to show off =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back