another ??? for air fuel guage needing quick responce

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crazymark01

what wire do i splice the purple wire on the guage so that i can get a good reading for the air/fuel guage??? any quick responces would be great im installing it as i type. thanks

If you haven't already figured it out for yourself... more information is really required for anyone else to answer your question.

It could be for power or signal depending on the make.
Also, it would probably be way faster for you to search Google yourself.

It should be the white or blue wire on the O2 sensor. If you goto plxdevices.com they have ECU pinouts for some Honda's, you can find the exact wire you need and tap into it inside the car :)

sounds like autometer, they have a purple signal wire :)

Edit: I cant find a pinout for that old of a car :lol: Worse comes to worse you can run a wire out into the engine bay and tap into the O2 right at the O2. Check the white or blue wire with an ohmeter, it should be around .5v with the car idling. It will also toggle between 0 and .5 or higher.

So there should be three wires to hook up.

Red = Power
Black = Ground
Purple = O2 Signal

The wire from my O2 sensor is blue...very easy to find because there is only one wire coming out of the sensor. Where it goes from there, I'm not 100% sure, but you could trace it.

Edit:
Found wiring diagram for d16a6 ECU.
http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/gif/large/0900823d80141ec1.gif

Looks like O2 sensor goes in at C16.

Last edited:
on the D16A6 engine, the OEM O2 sensor has a black wire which plugs into a connector down by the transmission - from that connector to the ECU, the wire is a shielded, is white in color and goes to ECU pin C16

Back