another fucked LINUX / windows dual boot

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
well after working for a while, when i boot up windows from GRUB it loads eventually.. but takes a LONG ASS TIME to finally load up to the log in screen. it happened after i formatted a fat32 partition on the linux drive, which is physically a different drive than the windows xp OS is on.

i use a dual monitor setup. the log in screen for windows shows up on the left screen and it takes a very long time before that shows after the "windows XP" logo screen w/ the scrolling blue bar goes across..

any ideas?

completely separate hard drives... both western digital one 80 gb and one 160 gb

80 holds windows, 160 holds linux partitions (all 3) and then a 120 gb partition that is formatted fat32 that mounts when linux is booted

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Feb 3 2005, 08:44 PM
why fat32?
[post=456114]Quoted post[/post]​

because i run a dual system.. i need windows for certain programs i need for work and school.. and i wanted the 120 gb to be reachable from either OS

yea but not without a hassle. regardless.. this has nothing to do w/ my slow ass booting XP OS....

If you can get your windows drive to load up, run defrag and disk clean up. If you have a bunch of extra crap on there try deleting that. But use add remove programs. Also how much Ram and what kind does your computer have. The way i understand it is that you have both os's running at the same time correct? If this is the case Linux dosnt have very steep requirements but Windows does for the most part. I can ask one of my buddies at school they might now. I hope you get it all worked out soon though. If I can think of any thing else ill let you know.

Jeramy

Back