anothr rwd v8 civic.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

He's already got a stock EFI 4.6. Hilborn injection is basically an Individual Throttle Body setup for a V8. Its what you're seeing when you see 8 pipes sticking out of a hood. If not that you could go with a good old tunnel ram and twin four barrels. Sorry I enjoy a good ratrod.

i wonder if you can set the motor alittle lower, whats the oil pan clearance like? how far is it from the bottom of the floor to the bottom of the pan?

Ok theyre shitty quality as it was my camera phone pointed at a tv, But I made a quick example on Forza2... The scallops are just some I saved off a Mustang but I guess its fitting with what the donor car is.

well if i sit the 4.6 any lower i will not have any room for a rack and pinion... imma just put the mustang 302 into my truck and just use my truck. rather tear it up then my car. ecause im not scared to wreck my 4wheel drive truck. i already rolled it in the woods and twisted the cab a little haha.

but yea i was really going to just find a way to bolt down the motor with no trans tunnel or anything just to go up there but i think i will be safer in my truck. where i just moved the civic to. i have the motor suspended using a strap and all the weight is on the lower control arms and lets say its sitting beautiful. still has some suspension bounce left

well tomorrow im going to try and make some money so i can buy the tubing. i need like 1 20 ft of 3x2 and 2 20ft 2in tubing. and i will have some left over,haha but that way i can do everything right. the 3x2 will cost me 75 for a 20ft section and the 2in tubing will cost me 35 for a 20 ft sction. before i do. im going tojack it up and put my 17in wheels on the front and then take some pics of how its sitting. i cant wait to get this thing done. hey who is good at crunching numbers? like speeds per gear and top speed with all the gears. i have a list of all the gears for my transmission. i wanna find out which rearend gear will be best for me. i have 3.08,3.27,3.55,and a set of 3.73 the final drive gear in the transmission for starters is 0.67 i wanne be able to cruise at around 70 to 80 at 2,000rpms

you need to find a metal supermarket close to you. we have one here where i live and they are cheap.

well the closest metal store is like 50miles away and thats their prices. i cant think of the name like golden something i think it was. well i got the civic fully sitting on its suspension. going to take a pic in a minute haha . looks kewl

nice cant wait..im not good as numbers..but i know 3.08's are what we were supposed to use in the racecars i ran..we ran a set of 373's and its too high

tomorrow i will have access to a digital camera. so i will take more pix.i have been taking all these pix with a camera phone. here is a pic of my civic sitting on all 4s. looks good to me. i looked under the car at the front stuts they are only about 50-60% compressed honestly
2r7lf0h.jpg

the whold bottom of the car looks maybe 3 inches. there no chance of the oil pan hitting. lol oil pan is like 5 inches or so.

thats old. this project is alittle diff. the vette powertrain is its own frame so to speak, basiclly drop a civic body on it.

Back