Any Conversion Kits?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blink182house

I was just curious, do they make any conversion kits for a '88-'91 Civic HB? I've looked quite a bit and found nothing, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask for others' help as well! Thanks in advance! :lol:

Oh, really I dont know... just seeing what's out there. I'm pretty open minded, but I was wondering about 92-95 civic front clips, because if those would go on my 90... then I could buy the s13 conversion kit originally made for the 92-95.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. THey call it custom for a reason you don't buy parts and bolt them on.A SHOP MAKES THAT PARTS FIT. WTF OF THESE IN DAYS WHY. If you want your car to look like somthing else go buy a god damb s13

whats wrong with the 90 bro? that body style is the shit if you make it clean and resto it or throw a mugen nock off kit on it you really want to spend that kind of green doing that s13 swap?? put that money into a badass motor.

hes just tired of seeing rice oriented topics lol

which leads me to wonder why hes even reading the body/exterior forum :p

imo the 92-95 hb's look WAY better then the earlier ones, but i dunno if a conversion would look right
and an s13 conversion? no way would that look right :p

i read cause my self and swanny are prob the only source of real info i have no prob with ading kits and lips and shaving but give me a fucking break why spend 5 grand to make a honda look like an s13

Originally posted by micah@Jan 5 2005, 11:04 PM
imo the 92-95 hb's look WAY better then the earlier ones
[post=441827]Quoted post[/post]​

DIE!

There were some pics on this forum a while back, of a CRX with an EK front end on it, and it did not look half bad. I think the dude who made it was selling kits for it.

Originally posted by micah@Jan 5 2005, 09:04 PM
hes just tired of seeing rice oriented topics lol

which leads me to wonder why hes even reading the body/exterior forum :p

imo the 92-95 hb's look WAY better then the earlier ones, but i dunno if a conversion would look right
and an s13 conversion? no way would that look right :p
[post=441827]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: sorry civisous eg hatchie dope ef hatchie are soso....sorry man :p

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 5 2005, 10:57 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. THey call it custom for a reason you don't buy parts and bolt them on.A SHOP MAKES THAT PARTS FIT. WTF  OF THESE IN  DAYS WHY. If you want your car to look like somthing else go buy a god damb s13
[post=441770]Quoted post[/post]​

Whoa...calm down there hcivic.com...he's just a noob. But actually...I think I would have to agree...for all the money that people spend trying to make one car look like another one, you might as well just buy the car that you're trying to emulate. In my opinion, it's dumb to have a Civic that looks like an S13...unless you have have RWD and a turbo'd SR20 under the hood to go with it...

And as other people pointed out, there's nothing wrong with the car you have...and there's still plenty of parts and tuning options available for it...do it up nice, clean, and tasteful like and you will get plenty of props I think...

Just my 2 cents there...

i read cause my self and swanny are prob the only source of real info i have no prob with ading kits and lips and shaving but give me a fucking break why spend 5 grand to make a honda look like an s13

Ahh, right. I agree with everything but you and swanny being the only source of info. I mean I know what I know and I do it the way I know it and it doesn't come out bad, I don't add my .02 in the body forum because I'll do it a different way then most, but the end result will be the same, maybe not so much as in quality but the overall look will end up the same, If I had access to a welder 24/7 then it would be a different story in terms of the quality of what I do, but I'm nothing special. :)

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 6 2005, 12:14 AM
[post=441830]Quoted post[/post]​

i resent that statement.....i at one time was a very big contributing factor to the body/exrerior portion of the forum and, and still do try and help out and provide a good source of info. I own and run a body shop and simply do not have the time anymore to answer everyquestion asked. and also Tab is another very good and knowledgable person as far as exterior repair paint and body is concerned.

Hmm... first off, I must say, way to represent your forums. Now I have a completely different outlook upon HondaSwap. You guys must just all like to bash n00bs, call them names and insult their cars eh? Hope it's fun for you.

Secondly, I do have access to a welder 24/7, my own garage (an entire building set aside as a private garage), and access to a front clip of an S13 for really really cheap. I just wasn't sure if 1)it would be that easy of a job to put the eg front on an ef or 2)if the eg clip did go on the ef smoothly with some work, would the s13 front clip work anywhere as good?

Sorry for inquiring on a new topic to try and change the way my car looks, instead of slapping some "NOS" stickers on it and a muffler and trying to race every godamned car in town yelling, "My civic has 1 billion horsepower!"

Oh, and I bow down to the genius using large red font... you're a dick. :worthy:

Thank you, but now I will return to my other honda forums where n00bs can ask question and get intelligent responses without being bombarded with insults and just plain crap.

:angry:

well the clips are of two different makes. try to measure it(the width) and if there the same then it should work, but will mostly likely still require more fabrication/body work then simply swapping a eg clip.

I think the EG was slightly wider than the EF, it will fit and I've seen it done, They cut the whole front clip from the car and rewelded the EG front clip on. I highly don't reccomend doing this, but if you feel you could do it, then go ahead. Be advised you're car will probably never pass any safety ispections or anything of the sort if you do it like that.

Back