1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any readers?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by chadcharb, Jul 17, 2010.

1. chadcharb

chadcharb Well-Known Member VIP

Attached Files:

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

last year i read alot about ww i, ww ii, civil war, a book about germany after ww ii, and mein kampf. mostly just history stuff.

3. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

I really enjoyed "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton. I've read all of his books, but State of Fear and Timeline were probably my favorites. It takes a little bit to get into the actual storyline of his books, but he does a fantastic job of giving the details early on. Worth giving it a chance, IMO.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

i read a fair amount... no real rhyme or reason to my selections... pretty much when i see or hear about something that looks interesting ill buy it and read it

currently working my way through the works of Hunter S Thompson... just finished "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"... next will likely check out "Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72"... or "Hells Angels"

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  5. corvetteguy78

corvetteguy78 Well-Known Member VIP

The Shack by William P. Young, best book ever. HIGHLY recommended

6. chadcharb

chadcharb Well-Known Member VIP

whatever you do don't read the rum diaries. I thought because it was a hunter s thompson book it would be good, but it's not. It's brutally slow

1 person likes this.
  7. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

James Patterson...anything in the Alex Cross series.

Tom Clancy...

Berry Eisler's assasin series

8. damien360kl

damien360kl New Member

i really dont like to read but if i do ill only read books by j r r tolkien. those are the only ones i can read right now im reading the children of hurin and i recommend it to anyone who likes the whole lord of the rings type of books.

9. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:... that was another that i was looking at

10. mntlkase

mntlkase Local neighborhood prick!

call me a nerd but everytime i go to the parts store, i buy a chilton manual and read/study it. I've got chilton manuals for dozens of cars! lol

11. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

Read in the last two weeks or so: The Overton Window by Glenn Beck, World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.

Currently reading: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Favorite books/series: I have read all of David Eddings series's, the Netforce novels are fun to read. Rainbow Six, Without Remorse, and Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy, 1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell, Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

Some good "current event/military history" I have read lately include Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell, Generation Kill by Evan Wright, License to Kill by Robert Young Pelton, One Bullet Away: The Making of a Marine Officer by Capitan Nathanial Fick, The Village and The Strongest Tribe by Bing West

I read a lot, I go through 2 or 3 books a month.

12. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I'd do that if I didn't want to try to retain some of the shit I read. lol

I liked to take my time and read a 1/2 to a full chapter a day, then take a few days from reading and just think about what I just read and recall it without having to read it again.

This is probably why I did so bad in school, I'd read it once quickly and couldn't recall much of anything. lol

I need to get off late night MW2 and get upstairs and read myself to sleep more though. I enjoyed that last fall a lot.

13. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

Anyone here ever read any of the Robert Ludlum novels? I've read quite a few of his books.

14. thsancho86

thsancho86 Member

I finished Blood Meridian by Cormac Mc Carthy and it was pretty good and now I have Suttree by the same author I'm going to start up a a bit.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted