Anybody run solo2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 31 2005, 08:16 AM
a noob in a 220 whp fwd crx will get his ass handed to him by chris in his 106 hp mirage.
[post=547740]Quoted post[/post]​

OH shit, you had to fuel his f*ckin ego. Thanks.

-> Steve

as much shit as chris talks, hes not a half-bad driver. not too many people could be competeitive in a POS mirage... he pulls times similar to neonmike, wildbill, and beats out a lot of folks beleive it or not

wow i cant wait to start. Im glad i started this post because you guys help me understand alot. I think i will run the rex in the november event. I still want to tinker around with a few things. As for the interior its gone. Since i dont ever plan on running nationals I guess ill be fine for now. I just wanna do something i can have some fun with. Im 24, married, with two kids and one on the way. If i can get out a couple of sundays a year and drive me ass off, thats all im looking for.

by all means, go out there. just don't ever plan to be competetive the way you sit.

and when you are off pace, and constantly get last in your class, it gets discouraging.... even if you are having a good time...

well the sway bar issue...

i dont remember if you can run a sway on a 2g crx. i think so. i can make my car have neutral or slight oversteer depending on how i set the shocks and air pressure. id rather have a bit more oversteer. i bought a 22mm whiteline rear sway for the car, but if i can find a GSR one to mod to fit (they are 1/2in from the same length) ill probably put that on instead.

B is right also about the tires. ive been running consistent times all year, and the azenis just dont do it for me anymore. i may run one even on my old es100's if i borrow them, but next year im DEF on an R compound. i just have to wait since im not sure if ill be 4lug 15" or 5lug 16".

if 15" is the smallest you can run due to the larger brakes..then stay there...don't go bigger.

Bigger tire means bigger rim...sometimes...not all the times though..the wheels will get heavier...but with more rubber going on...it will heavier as well...sure the side wall gets thinner, and that will mean less rubber...but your also going to lose the roll-over stiffness and grip that a smaller tire with a higher sidewall has. Show me one car in a national CSP event that is in the top 10 that is running anything bigger than a 14" rim....that doesnt cost $500 a tire... ;) or $1500 per rim.... :p

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 31 2005, 04:10 PM

i dont remember if you can run a sway on a 2g crx. i think so. i can make my car have neutral or slight oversteer depending on how i set the shocks and air pressure. id rather have a bit more oversteer. i bought a 22mm whiteline rear sway for the car, but if i can find a GSR one to mod to fit (they are 1/2in from the same length) ill probably put that on instead.
[post=547951]Quoted post[/post]​

as in they dont make them or they wont let you run it? Because i know they make them.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 31 2005, 05:57 PM
if 15" is the smallest you can run due to the larger brakes..then stay there...don't go bigger.

Bigger tire means bigger rim...sometimes...not all the times though..the wheels will get heavier...but with more rubber going on...it will heavier as well...sure the side wall gets thinner, and that will mean less rubber...but your also going to lose the roll-over stiffness and grip that a smaller tire with a higher sidewall has. Show me one car in a national CSP event that is in the top 10 that is running anything bigger than a 14" rim....that doesnt cost $500 a tire... ;) or $1500 per rim.... :p
[post=547991]Quoted post[/post]​

i just wanted something like a 15x8 ;)

14" is the smallest i can run.

Originally posted by allbottledup+Aug 31 2005, 07:48 PM-->
TurboMirage
@Aug 31 2005, 04:10 PM

i dont remember if you can run a sway on a 2g crx.  i think so.  i can make my car have neutral or slight oversteer depending on how i set the shocks and air pressure.  id rather have a bit more oversteer.  i bought a 22mm whiteline rear sway for the car, but if i can find a GSR one to mod to fit (they are 1/2in from the same length) ill probably put that on instead.
[post=547951]Quoted post[/post]​

as in they dont make them or they wont let you run it? Because i know they make them.
[post=548036]Quoted post[/post]​

i was thinking that they didnt make them as per the way the rear end is set up. if they do, dont get one until atleast you finish a complete season ;)

STOCK!!! KEEP IT AS STOCK AS YOU CAN!

I have a few cars that I run at the local..... the best BY FAR is my stock as a rock 1991 Mazda 626 non-turbo. ITS SO AWESOME!

I can do what I want with the car and have been placing well enough in the raw time to get myself in the top 6 in the finals.... ITS SWEET!

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Sep 2 2005, 02:30 AM

I have a few cars that I run at the local..... the best BY FAR is my stock as a rock 1991 Mazda 626 non-turbo. ITS SO AWESOME!

I can do what I want with the car and have been placing well enough in the raw time to get myself in the top 6 in the finals.... ITS SWEET!
[post=548639]Quoted post[/post]​

people in your area must really suck at driving... that's all i have to say...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 2 2005, 09:52 AM-->
NissanNiNjA2nd
@Sep 2 2005, 02:30 AM

[post=548738]Quoted post[/post]​

just practiced and chose the right times to go out

Ill get the times from the next one for you

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd+Sep 3 2005, 12:49 AM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 2 2005, 09:52 AM
NissanNiNjA2nd
@Sep 2 2005, 02:30 AM

[post=548738]Quoted post[/post]​

just practiced and chose the right times to go out

Ill get the times from the next one for you
[post=549088]Quoted post[/post]​

i didnt think there was a right time to go out. practice does make perfect, though. stock classes are boring and non-competitive :) i was finishing 2nd behing an awd audi in h-stock with the old colty. that was pretty much stock except for 1.8 injectors, throttlebody, and maf.

our club runs in numerical order. you cant exactly choose when to go out.

well im off to the event in an hour so if i get any good pics ill post them up. Ill let you guys know what i think about it when i get back.

Back