Anyone battle with weight?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HAHA yeah alot of people think i took somthing but i didnt i do it naturally and still have been..but thanks alot and alot of people dont think it is me in the pics *lol* but the ones on my myspace dont look like me really im not so photogenic i will be taking some new ones hence my body changes every week *l* i work out really hard so i see results quicker then most

Sounds like a plan =D. I wasn't saying I think you take roids, I was just cracking a joke.

haha yeah i know..but alot of people think so but your body is a great tool and if u use it the right way u can make things happen..and what makes me successfull is i am self educated in it and i developed my own system that worked for me and im sure for others...

I call your bluff. I know people who compete in body building and cut down to 7-8% body fat, they're totally riped and are at their weakest point due to having such a low body fat. They say its hard to get through a day at that level. Its even hard to get out of bed.

As far as the OP... you know you're a noob when you ask a question like that hahaha.

Ever see a Flagday cover?

It was a bluff, because at 7-8% you are ripped throughout your entire body. Muscle striations are starting to show everywhere.

Most bodybuilders get to 3-5% bodyfat when competing though. 8% isn't low for a competition, its high.

Damn Brian, I admired your lose in weight... :( But me on January 15th i weighed in at 271. I am 6'4'' though so I am not a huge blob. Now i am at 241, and it keeps falling off. All i did was cut out all fast foods, fried foods and soda. I now drink Coke Zero for a soda supplement, but mostly I stick to water. I work out 5 times a week. I do 30 minutes of intense cardio, work one muscle group a day and i do abs everyday. I have no more "love handles" and i actual have a definition in my bicep. I am not confident enough to do a before and current, but possible when i lose more weight.

It was a bluff, because at 7-8% you are ripped throughout your entire body. Muscle striations are starting to show everywhere.

Most bodybuilders get to 3-5% bodyfat when competing though. 8% isn't low for a competition, its high.

I was off by a few

The leanest athletes, bodybuilders, typically compete at levels of about 5-8% for men,
at 3% you should be bed ridden.

I think the main problem with people talking body fat, is most of the time they don't measure it properly.

Last edited:
Exactly. They tend to measure from the middle of the abdomen and not in the correct spots.

Me. Well most know my story. I was 215, 5'10 sophomre year in HS. Last year I was 150lbs at 5'11. Now I'm 190lbs at 6'1.

Last quarter I ballooned 20 lbs. Arms got bigger, chest got bigger. Body fat went from my 12% to 15% but that 3% is minimal ffor I was lifting irregular, and had minimal sleep/cardio. Now I'm back on track and doing full body workouts/circuits the right way. I'll be 10-8% by april.

bah. I hate it when old people say that to me. 'gain weight, the wind might blow you away'

I get that type of thing so often that it really doesn't bother me. :) I consider it a weight advantage for my car! :)

Reminds me of a skinny-story....

Back in high school we played jai'lai in gym class one day against a visiting group of kids from another school as shirts vs skins. Despite my twiglike appearance, I'm a pretty darn good goalie when it comes to ice and floor hockey, and was always picked for the spot. So naturally I was voluenteered for the spot here as well. But some tough kids from another school whipping a 60mph floor hockey ball at me with no protective gear (or even a shirt) was getting to me mentally, making me turn away from the shot. So a teammate walked up to the new kids, said some words to them, and suddenly every shot at me was an easy lob or floater. We ended up winning by a mile.

After the game I asked what our guy had said to them... He told them I was a cancer patient just recovering from surgery and to go easy... I was so skinny they actually believed it! :)

Last edited:
I call your bluff. I know people who compete in body building and cut down to 7-8% body fat, they're totally riped and are at their weakest point due to having such a low body fat. They say its hard to get through a day at that level. Its even hard to get out of bed.

As far as the OP... you know you're a noob when you ask a question like that hahaha.

Ever see a Flagday cover?

well sorry but the results of the electric impulse test were 7.9%, I would have saved the results but it wasn't exactly a milestone in my life

1348362595_l.jpg

that was me then

747879854_l.jpg

this is me now, military PT FTW :-(

I'm 5'10"and in High School I weghed 185 lbs. yeah, I was chubby, but that was due to getting stoned at lunch and eating massive amounts of fast food. After HS, I stopped smoking all the time, and my weight plummeted at an unhealthy rate. I was down to 130 in about four months. Yeah, 55lbs in 4 months, people were all asking if I was eating, and if I was bulimic (sp?) I think the reason was that I depended on the weed to make me hungry enough to eat, so when i stopped smoking, I was never hungry. But, I'm doin better now. I'm at 142 lbs, which, while still skinny, is a more healthy weight for my frame.

Good job on losing the weight, All aspects of your life will improve because of it.

Back in high school we played jai'lai in gym class one day against a visiting group of kids from another school as shirts vs skins.

We ended up winning by a mile.

After the game I asked what our guy had said to them... He told them I was a cancer patient just recovering from surgery and to go easy... I was so skinny they actually believed it! :)

Thanks for the flashback, asshole :)

Thank god we never did shirts vs skins.. people would have called the government on me. I look like Roger from "American Dad" with no shirt on.

emo myspace angles ftl!!

once i start work, there is a gym in the building next to it and i get a discount membership. Can't wait. im at 220 now, hope to be at 200, 190 if im lucky :p Get off work at 4, go to the gym til 5-530, home and showered by 630. I was at 210 last summer and i felt good playing softball, wanna be down to 200 so i can start playing the outfield and run down the balls a little better :)

well for starters your starting off bad by hating some that u need to do to loose weight quick u didnt hate gainging that extra weight nor should ya hate what ya need to do to loose it

Back