Anyone driven an s2000 AND an early nsx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90B16a1si

Just curious to see if anyone has driven both and has an opinion. I have been debating over these cars since the s2000 came out. I would only be able to spend about 25K, so it is very hard trying to find an NSX for that. Both have their advantages but it is very unlikely I will be able to drive both side by side before I buy one. I know the nsx has to have some serious miles on it, but I would only drive it a few thousand miles a year. I'm just a teacher but my wife has been waitressing evenings to help make this happen and shut me up.

Just thought I would check.

Haven't driven either. :dunno:

But the NSX is faster, sexier, cooler, costs more to maintain, and generally OWNS the s2k.

But the S2k is nice. I'd take one if it was given to me.

I drove a limited edition teggy type r... but it had me, my fat ass friend and a salesman in it so at the time, was WAY slower than my ls crx. It wasn't a good experience. :dunno:

i thought we had a guy on the boards who's roomate owns an NSX...from what i hear those cars stock v. stock the NSX wins, but the S2000 can be modified to a point where it can own an NSX in time attack and just flat out fun.

S2K makes waaaay more sense, and if you want something faster, spend the money that you would put on an NSX and buy a new STI/Evo/350Z, or Bimmer. NSX's tend to be a bit pricey to work on, and they are not as fast as one believes. The handle nice, but we have a nitrous'ed 92' NSX here in town, and my friends 360hp WRX walks away from it on the highway.

I hear that s2k's are not that great to mod. The engine has been beefed up to pretty much it's max, and that mods (by this i mean boltons and minor engine mods) usually do very little, sometimes nothing. :shrug2:

how big are you? I'm 6'1 and can simply not fit comfortably in the s2k. i had to bring my right leg OVER the steering wheel... it wouldn't pass under it and between the seat.

i haven't sat in an nsx...

Yeah but if he's buying an NSX for under 25k it's going to be atleast 10 years old and have some miles on it. Maintaining one of these things isn't cheap. For 25k he could have a damn nice s2k.
EDIT: the high life is kicking in.

:laugh:
first off the nsx and the s2000 are close in power, but the nsx's is quicker by a sec in the 1/4 and in 0-60 this is a comparison between a 2002 nsx and a 2004 s2000
the nsx handles better than a s2000, but the 91-94 have a problem with the rear camber and the tires wear out quick.
the s2000 is 200-300 pounds lighter.
it also depends on what your looking for? a daily driver or a weekend car
the nsx gets much more looks than the s2000,
also it depends on if you can fit into a s2000 or not. I am 5'11 and 200 # and had a hard time fitting in the s2000 where as I can fit in the nsx with plenty of room. when we take the nsx out we get shit tons of looks and compliments

and my room just told me that if you can barely afford to buy the nsx, you wont be able to afford the maintance. and trust me its not easy working on that car.

you can find an older nsx in that price range but seeing is how your a teacher and your wife is a waitress, i would stick at looking at a s2000. dont get me wrong I love both cars and the nsx is fun to drive, but kills my roommate on maintance and he works at ibm and makes good money. shit he bought tires for his nsx for $1000 and 10,000 miles later has to replace them, normally you get 6000 to 8000 miles out of the rear tires.
timing belt and water pump is $2500 and thats not dealer price, dealer wants more $

plus you cant adjust the height of the steeringwheel on the s2000

we get stupid people trying to race us, like a guy in a z06 wanted to race. plus you get dumb people that dont even know what that cars is and ask us is that the new corvette

plus after market parts are harder to find for the nsx and cost a shit ton more than parts would be for the s2000

Driven both, but the S2000 would be a lot more practical. NSX simply isn't worth the money. Brian, how can you drive a sol, but not fit in an S2000? I have no problems in either car, NSX or S2000.

the sol has a hell of a lot more room inside than an S2k, thats how

i disagree. i actually own one.. you must have 38" thighs because even my fat friend can fit into my s2000. i think the sol and s2 are equally as uncomfortable.

get the s2000, its just not worth settling for an old car and all the headaches that come with it even though it is a honda

my thighs are probably 42-45? i'm a 38 waist and my thighs are much bigger...

fit fine in the sol... plenty of room.
same deal in the hatch, and even coupes (although the head room in coupes is lack luster)
i can get into neon mikes cage'd neon easier than i got into that s2k... and it had the top down. i couldn't imagine it if the roof was up.

after i was in the thing, i couldn't even reach the window controls and stuff with my left arm-- had to use my right hand across my body to access them.

IMO, its a horribly uncomfortable car designed for 5'6" 150 lb humans or lower.

Yes, but think about hte Japanese Population...they ARE that small...

if i was in you situation i would save that money....and have a phat bank account.....then i would wait and then after i have more money..(2-5 years later).i would see what i like then.... but i'm 23.....if you need and have to get it now. i would get the cheapest used s2k and get a bore, light forged internals, cams and a p&p,IHE...i think that will be faster than an old nsx...and alot more fun..

Quoted post[/post]]
i thought we had a guy on the boards who's roomate owns an NSX...from what i hear those cars stock v. stock the NSX wins, but the S2000 can be modified to a point where it can own an NSX in time attack and just flat out fun.

A civic cx or a crx hf can be modded to the point that it is faster than the NSX.. EVERYTHING CAN. That doesn't really say anything.

i didnt mean speed...i meant handling...agility...speed in time attack isnt about horsepower...it takes a LOT of work to get a CRX there...not so much in a S2000

IMO S2k > NSX

You wouldn't want your shit stolen or fucked up in a parking lot either. Cheaper, cheaper maintenance, more room to fix it up a bit.

Back