anyone into punk?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Oct 22 2003, 06:01 AM
The bass player in the Dead Kennedys is an old buddy of mine. B)

DK = punk

I love DK, didn't East Bay Ray become some born again christian and denounce his punk past?

Anyway most of the bands listed in the post above are radio punk, which doesn't really hold true to the ideals they are "supporting". I myself am into actually hardcore, not sissy ass EMO bands calling themselves core because they have a heavy riff n some gay song about how fuckin' depressed they are, or some poppy group of anal retentive high school kids that dropped out AFTER they got a record deal. Dropdead, Antischism, Dystopia, Bad Brains, etc.. all define what "punk" is to me.

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 21 2003, 08:19 PM
martini_with_olives: do you have a Ramones t-shirt?
peggy969: um...........no
martini_with_olives: then you arent punk

hahaha too funny. Kids these days are retarded, is it just cool to have bad spelling and not have a clue about whats going on? Ive got a 12 year old cousin down the street whos the same way as her..........I think were all gonna be in a lot of trouble when these kids get to be in a position where their stupidity can actually affect us. just my .02

edit: Also..........all these bullshit bands, Linkin Park, Staind, Puddle of Mudd, and Creed all represent what Nirvana worked so hard to prevent. Not really on the punk subject but I just fuckin hate whats cool in music lately.....Its so bad I wont even watch MTV or listen to the radio anymore.

Well, I for one hate punk. Is life really that hard? If it is so hard, why did you waste time starting band instead of getting a job? On top of all that, after they started the band they don't even make it big unless they are considered pop. It makes no sense to me, I wouldn't care if I sold out and lost all my previous fan base, but if I end up making 5 million dollars a year who cares. Also, you really can't sell out in the first place, either the majority of people like your music or they don't, simple as that.

And the majority of the people are right, that punk sucks. I like Good Charlette, their old CD anyway, before they were big, one song from Simple Plan. Blink 182 sucked ass after "Enema of the State." I am mostly into Rap, especially Three 6 Mafia, that is the "Heavy Metal" of rap. Anyway, listen to what you like. One more thing, I hate it when people bring up Nirvana saying

Also..........all these bullshit bands, Linkin Park, Staind, Puddle of Mudd, and Creed all represent what Nirvana worked so hard to prevent. Not really on the punk subject but I just fuckin hate whats cool in music lately.....Its so bad I wont even watch MTV or listen to the radio anymore.

I hate that shit, Nirvana got big, because it was new when all the New Kid on the Block crap was dying down. Same reason why Good Charlette and Simple Plan got big, the boy band crap died, and they sound harder. It is all a cycle, nothing more. I guarantee within 5-10 years, N*Sync 2 will be out, rock and all that will die, then magicaly, it will come back. The only two music genre's that will always stay big will be rap, huge since the 80's, and some sort of POP. In the 80's it was the Pat Benetars and stuff. Anyway, Nirvana was not the GOD of music, and had the lead singer not died they wouldn't be popular till this day, maybe 2 more CD's. The same goes with Sublime, had the lead singer not died they would have never gone mainstream.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Oct 22 2003, 12:01 AM
The bass player in the Dead Kennedys is an old buddy of mine. B)

Too bad all the ex-members sold out and sued Jello and Alternative Tentacles. Now they're trying to tour again, without Jello. That's retarded. DK-Jello=crap Just goes to prove the saying- Kill your Idols

Who's punk? GG Allen is fucking punk

Originally posted by Chauncey_333+Oct 22 2003, 03:21 PM-->
Too bad all the ex-members sold out and sued Jello and Alternative Tentacles. Now they're trying to tour again, without Jello. That's retarded. DK-Jello=crap Just goes to prove the saying- Kill your Idols

Who's punk? GG Allen is fucking punk
GG was a punk (bitch) he was a loser and a farce, he died the way he should have, face down in a puddle of his own vomit because he tried to do heroin like a junkie, and wasn't. DK without Jello is a retarded idea, and if thy are trying to do it, they should all eat a bullet.

Frankie P. Posted on Oct 22 2003
@ 03:08 PM
I hate that shit, Nirvana got big, because it was new when all the New Kid on the Block crap was dying down. Same reason why Good Charlette and Simple Plan got big, the boy band crap died, and they sound harder.

No, Nirvana got big because someone in the record industry knew they could make a ton of cash of them and sold them down the radio approved river. There was nothing new about there sound, hello, have you ever heard of the seventies? They were a straight up copy of Blue Cheer and bands like that. Good Charrlotte and Simple Plan new, hahaha, they are the same story, bands like goldfinger, and others have been playing poppy shit in the same vien as them for years.

I do however agree with you on the Triple Six thing, the Hypnotize Camp Posse album ownz all rap.

Im a big punk fan.. punk isnt about fashion or anyhing, its about the music. i mean i have a mohawk, studded jackets and shit but its about the music and the feeling.. i have always loved punk and always will. old punk new punk.. gg allin, casualties, unseen, rancid, dropkick, everything. its a great seen that is dying :p

As far as the whole selling out thing is concerned, shit if I got offered a record deal I would sell out all the sorry fuckass 17 year old punk rockers in a heart beat.

I would secure my future with income, fuck being cool to the local scene or being underground.

Originally posted by civicb18@Oct 21 2003, 08:42 PM
social distortion/mike ness is the greatest punk band ever and greatest band

INDEED, they are the shit! They have been making tracks since before I was born, they have been around since '79, awesome.

There is still a bunch of good punk bands from 77 that are still around like the adicts and the toy tolls for instance.. punk is a great thing. and you cant say all punk is the same. the second of hear a song from a band i can usually tell who it is cause they all have their own style.. like you can instantly tell a rancid song or less than jake song. its all not the same. anyways punk is neat.

That was clever.How long did it take you to think of that one?

No you're original post was dumb. He just retorted it with a stupid answer which is all you seem to understand. Why doesn punk suck, I don't like it but at least give a reason. I hate people that say I hate country or rap or whatever. Why? Because it sucks, those people are just ignorant fucks.

Originally posted by EF8CRXGen2@Oct 22 2003, 07:25 PM
That was clever.How long did it take you to think of that one? :tfg:

Wow, you're so quick lets bow down to your razor sharp tounge. Now back to your hole cumguzzler.

You know that cock thats in your mouth? Take it out and go fuck yourself.

Originally posted by EF8CRXGen2@Oct 22 2003, 07:30 PM
Ok. Punk Rock is one of the worst kinds of music ever. There ya go.

Why is that? Do you understand what Frankie is saying, you sound ignorant, "dude that sucks" well why "because it sucks" Fucking retard.

I know this cock bite EF8CRXGen2 is not fucking running his mouth, starting shit. I'll make him crawl back into his mother's crusty womb after I'm done with him.

Back