Anyone Snowboard?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Why don't you take a road trip down to some REAL mountains?

And are JDM boards cheaper or something? I imagine they would have the same brands, etc out there, right? I have a buddy stationed out there right now for 2 years.

Originally posted by Callidus@Aug 26 2005, 12:23 PM
Why don't you take a road trip down to some REAL mountains?

And are JDM boards cheaper or something? I imagine they would have the same brands, etc out there, right? I have a buddy stationed out there right now for 2 years.
[post=545640]Quoted post[/post]​

Ya, I've been meaning to make a roadtrip to Stowe or Smuggler's Notch for a while. Vermont has some ill terrain.

about the "JDM" boards....... it's all the same over there. Everyone owns a Burton. :p

Originally posted by adnoh@Aug 26 2005, 12:46 PM
Ya, I've been meaning to make a roadtrip to Stowe or Smuggler's Notch for a while. Vermont has some ill terrain.

You could take a road trip to the good ol' Rockies too. But that would be rather far for you.

Yeah, I'm a 2 planker. Been doing it all my life, but this year I'm going to be living an hour from the slopes so I'm going to get a lot of time in.

My parents are going to visit my mom's family in Chile during Christmas, so I will be finding people at school who will be going up to the high country a lot. I'm thinking about getting a season pass to Eldora, because they are only $90.00. :w00t:

Originally posted by adnoh+Aug 26 2005, 10:19 AM-->
hcivic.com
@Aug 26 2005, 02:20 AM
burton is over priced crap. Try looking for a GNU board the carbon modle flexes enough to play in the parks and is stiff enough for free riding. And good to see you guys out the in tronto calling your hills mountains again.
[post=545521]Quoted post[/post]​

Burton is expensive, and unfortunately, their boards have a short riding life (just like a bimmer....fucking amazing when the warranty is still there, but shit afterwards). But their bindings are second to none, period.

You want to talk about overpriced crap??? FORUM. Peter Line is a fucking goon and his boards are heavy and totally unresponsive. I don't know how he can ride so well on them.

GNU makes a pretty solid board, I'd classify them in the same league as Jaime Lynne's Lib Technologies. A very small company that provides a very decent product. I wouldn't rush out to get one, but I'd rock it. But they just don't compare with Ride when you get up into the Timeless and Prophet.......those decks are just rediculous.

And yes, we have hills :(. Blue Mountain is not a mountain at all. I just love seeing guys from out west come to Ontario and try to shred...too funny. It's a reality check......these dudes dont understand that when you bail in Ontario, it hurts...and you'll most likely break something. We dont have powder...ever. The diffrence between riding in ON and riding in BC is the diffrence between riding on a pillow and riding on concrete. I wanna go to Panorama again :(
[post=545638]Quoted post[/post]​

well in 45 days i will be shreading the nar on hard pack man made ice early season blows. I bout my 2 passes last year and have been counting the days till im done work for the year. 45 days and I become a pro boarder

What do you guys think of Special Blend jackets? I'm looking for a good, durable, waterproof/snowproof jacket with a powder skirt in it.

Originally posted by Callidus@Aug 28 2005, 01:36 AM
What do you guys think of Special Blend jackets? I'm looking for a good, durable, waterproof/snowproof jacket with a powder skirt in it.
[post=546227]Quoted post[/post]​

i cant beat my burton. ive only worn it in nj, but with anything under it, i sweat to much and take the underclothes off. im talking below freezing in just a jacket, not even a T underneath. again, i like cold weather, so take that into perspective.

well i have a sponsorship by board dokter and there gear is top notch if you can find it run it. As for other good brand burton, k luiffton, lots of good brands out there just go looking at shops

I have an obermeyer jacket. Cost only a couple bucks, but I love it. Two seasons and it still is amazing, and is light enough to wear around town on just snowy days.

Thought I'd bump this back up and see if anyone went to sniagrab over the weekend. I went on Saturday and ended up buying some new Salomon F20 boots and a new Sims Chaos board. I can't wait for some of the slopes to open up.

I went to the Boulder Sniagrab, Denver Sniagrab Boulder Ski Deals and Arvada Ski-Rex. :lol:

As far as prices and selection go: Denver Sniagrab > Ski-Rex > Boulder Sniagrab > Boulder Ski Deals

So, I bought some older K2 Enemy's (without the white designs on tip and tail) and some sweet-ass Marker bindings (the ones that have the piston in them), a Camelback and a Colorado Superpass (Copper and Winter Park). Is it ski season yet? :lol:

I decided only to go to the Denver Sniagrab. Here is the board I got, http://www.the-house.com/9863scwzzsims.html

I went with the Colorado pass, I have a friend with a condo in Beaver Creek so the 10 uses there more than pay for the pass. I have several other friends that get the Superpass, so I will probably get a Copper 4 Pass as well.

Back