anyone want to go to the dyno ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im not sure what kind of things you swapping in chris but this guy only wants one person on for 15-20 min max. but i guess if you need more than you ccan go last.

wtf? 8-9 runs in 15-20 mins? You should give 3-4 mins between runs for cooldown!

AIM or YAHOO Me at scrapinsi2003... I wanna know details as far as who's going... Its going to be me in my Si, my buddy in his turbo EX, and possibly another buddy in his turbo shadow.

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Jul 30 2004, 08:38 PM
im not sure what kind of things you swapping in chris but this guy only wants one person on for 15-20 min max. but i guess if you need more than you ccan go last.
[post=370561]Quoted post[/post]​

thats fine. it doesnt take 15/20 mins to swap a few vac hoses.

John will not due any tunning because it will put him up in such a high ins bracket, he wouldnt be able to stay open.. Scrapin, I mentioned I have a burner and the whole shabang, so if you want to wait till the 14th I can get you on for an hour and you wont be dissapointed with the price ;) ;) There will possibly be 3 tunners there total including me..

tbone... i'll get some baselines tomorrow, and see where i'm at... im me and we'll talk about the 14th. im highly interested.

K... I talked to Jonathan. He asks that if you aren't tuning and just getting baselines, please arrive early. He asks that the cars that want to tune come later on, so that everybody gets their time.

I'll probably show up.. I gotta see if my "trick" to fix my i/c couplers blowing off works or not...

oh wait... just had an idea to make it work even better... need more zip ties. :)

sounds good. ill be there when he opens.

ummm anyone got an address?

dale: nothing to swap in besides plugging a vac hose or two. i can change my fuel ratio to either run rich or super rich.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 31 2004, 06:56 PM
sounds good. ill be there when he opens.

ummm anyone got an address?

dale: nothing to swap in besides plugging a vac hose or two. i can change my fuel ratio to either run rich or super rich.
[post=370874]Quoted post[/post]​

Running rich or super-rich only robs HP from the car....that's what the dyno is for...to get the fuel Mixture just a tad bit above Stoich...ie...11/1 for airplanes, and I believe 14/1 for cars...

The only real adjustments that are really do-able for a dyno day like this is to get a baseline on your first run, then find out if you need to go lean or rich...adjust that...then find out if your dizzy timing is good...adjust that, then go on to the cam timing if you have the adjustable cam gears...if your boosted, then you can play around with other stuff like fuel, boost limits, and other items related to fine tune the car to run in the perameters that you want to run the car in...IE...sealevel racing, or mountain racing...humdity and atmoshpere plays a lot on finely tuned cars....

Swappin back and forth a vaccume hose is not going to show you any impressive numbers...unless your going there to just waste the time and money to see if plugging a hose or an emmisions related item will net you a hp gain.

Just show up, strap the car to the dyno..and do one run....find out what you have to start with...get a, Air/fuel reading, and go from there. Lean or enrich it as nessacary, and then play around with your timing....

easy as hell with my car :p

but for 50 bucks im not gonna complain.

Lean = power

TO A POINT.... Most cars at WOT should be tuned to a 13:1-14:1 a/f on an n/a car, or 11:1-12:1 on a boosted car.

it varies by application, but thats the basics of it.

EDIT: If you want, i'll swing by radio shack in the morning and bring you the 20hp Ebay mod for you to try out. :lol:

if you run 14.1 in an all motor car, its too lean. you want mid-low 13's.

f/i you want 12's all acorss the board, high 11's if yo're usign a shit fmu setup

I wanted to go but the lady who I am buying the condo from needed a deposit today and the only time she was around was at 11.
How was it?

LOL! I'm still in awe from the ground pounding power chris's car put down! LOL... As for my numbers... They weren't what I expected... :(

216.5whp and 158.3tq YEAH BABY! And I was only at 6.5psi!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 1 2004, 05:29 PM
been back for awhile...

84hp, 83tq :)
[post=371152]Quoted post[/post]​

Well roughly average a 15% hp loss thru the trany and wheels...and you got a little more than 96.6 hp from the crank...not bad, but you now have a base line to work from. ;)

I know the constant ragging from us will upset you after a while, but cheer up...you did buy this car as a joke a year ago, and the work done to it can be seen and heard...at least the car has it in the handling department, and after you drive it a while you can get to know exactly how the car handels. you got my cudo's for that much work done.

But.....I remember you bragging about how much more HP and Tq your car has against the 93 Civic .......I feel that if you would have bought another civic to play with for the last year your dyno day today would have made you stupid happy.....and you wouldn't have had to buy all the suspension mods that you did to this car..... ;)

Live and learn...and get a turbo on that sucker... B)

Back