anyone with cell data plans... need ya to test

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Hondaswap

I've been working on a mobile skin so you can hit HS on the go nice and easy and not eat stupid amounts of bandwidth.

you can either go to that link, or you can simply change the theme in the footer (bottom left).

if any of you guys with crazy phones can have a look, let me know.

it's FAR from complete.

I have the main forum display and the index page done at this point.

even if you don't pay for it, 1-2kb page loads are much more fun while mobile. Plus, it makes it nice and easy to check a thread from the garage or something.

hey great idea !!!

I'll check it out tomorrow

everything loads quick on the berry though.

its those saps with mobile data phones that have issues :)

Wish I could afford the 15/month extra to be able to surf on the web on my phone.

:shrug2: i don't have it either... its not so much the money, as i'm online enough. i don't need to be on it when i'm away from the pc

ok at first on the phone it was the normal HS, then it switched to the mobile. i like the moblie on the phones, you dont have to scroll through everyones pictures and sigs, it just shows the message that was posted and by which user.
however when I got back on HS on my laptop I was still in mobile mode and had to switch back to the normal mode
great idea B

Helio Ocean here,

The password field has exposed code. . It gives the field, then below it says "Password<<input type="password"
name= vb_login_password"
id="navbar_password" size="10"/>

Looks good on my Treo 700p using Blazer on Verizon's EV network. God I love the fact that my work pays for my cell. :D

loads quick too. I like how it bolds the topics I haven't been to yet. iwhen replying, thw wysiwyg editor is not loading correctly. posted from my treo. :)

Wish I could afford the 15/month extra to be able to surf on the web on my phone.

Many phones can be tricked into connecting to your own proxy instead of your carrier's network, giving you essentially free internet access. It still uses airtime though.

Main page looks good on my "No web access" work issued VX8300. ;)

I don't have a field to enter my password, but that could be interference from Canada :wacko:

the wisywig will be removed eventually. it's still a work in progress.

i'm hoping to have a completely bare-bones set up on that template, just enough to work and get content or post while on the road, etc...

Back