Appraisal Please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IronLoc

Ok I didn't know where else to post this. I have a '97 Civic EX coupe. I'm not having to much success with building it. So I figure now I should just sell it. Maybe someone else has the resources, finances, time, etc to deal with it and take it off my hands. I just did an engine swap in sept. The car has 64k miles. Of course there are cosmetic blemishes with a 6y/o car. So with this list can you guys give me an estimate of about how much my car is worth?

Z10 Radius rods, Neuspeed sport springs, Skunk2 strut bars, lower arm bar and front camber kit, Ingalls rear camber kit.
Iceman intake, Apexi WS exhaust, CRVtec conversion, CTR cylinder head, Import Builders CRV block 12.8:1 cr, CTR tranny w/ACT clutch, and tuned with a Hondata S200. Peaked 181hp and 141tq

Sorry no pics right now. It's covered in snow. I'll take any input please. Thanks.

here is an easy way to figure out how much your car should sell for.

(original purchase price + total $ amount of modifications) X .75
that should be what you ask

and you should settle for
(original purchase price + total $ amount of modifications) X .5

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Dec 8 2003, 02:49 PM
here is an easy way to figure out how much your car should sell for.

(original purchase price + total $ amount of modifications) X .75
that should be what you ask

and you should settle for
(original purchase price + total $ amount of modifications) X .5

Should the original purchase price of the car really be a factor? What about replacing that with the kbb value and factor in the mods at 50%. The other option is to bring the car back to stock and sell everything separately. Most car people are into building up their own dream cars up from a stock car. And then also, too many mods on a car implies that the car's been raced around a bit... so therefore beaten on mechanically.

Btw, the car does sound nice. :)

seems like your buildup is going fine to me? Maybe it's time to add boost?

But yea, ebay cars seem to be doing alright these days. You could consider that. Kids are nutty over xx/vtec conversions.

Thanks guys. I was thinking about the kbb price too but I didn't know how much too subtract. I didn't really think about taking it back to stock 'cause i'm having a hard time selling regular stuff as is, but still an option. It's funny I was talking to a mechanic that said the same thing about some kids out there that would buy it quick.

that would work

or KBB + (mods x .75) as asking price
settle for KBB + (mods x .5)

Originally posted by DarkHand@Dec 8 2003, 04:00 PM
How about:

(OriginalPrice x .75)+(TotalMods x .5)

that would mean my 1994 del sol Si with turbo+head+susp+exhaust would sell for $14000? :blink: somethings wrong? If so I would sell my car now.

KBB+(totalmods*.75) should be it then throw in an extra $1000 for those ricer rich kids ;)

you;ll be lukcy to get 8k for it... the market fucking sucks right now.

if you can afford it, keep it. hang onto it/drive it for another year, and you will probably be able to sell it for the same damn price

ya werd to the market sucking right now and on ya liquid: i dont think he wants to boost an almost 13:1 CR motor but thats just MO

Back