Are s2000's really slow?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

me and my dad only pulled off a 14.9 in our 01. But like B said they are not for drag racing. road course all the way in a s2k. that or just for pimping around town in.

I was at the same event and the S2000's were running really shitty. The owners werent driving them hard at all. They could have run better times but not much better. :unsure:

No S2000s do suck in the 1/4 mile. Gearing and lack of torque is the fault here. But take them around some cornors, damn boys, these things grip the road.

yea, no. dyno "1/4 mile" runs dont count for crap. there are far less variables. one guy tried to tell me he could run his bike in the high 9's at the track. and when i asked if he had he said "nah, but i did it on the dyno, same thing"

same thing? No, that mofo was strapped down. no flipping to worry about, no loss of control, perfect track conditions <well, conditions on demand>, no issues with traction etc.

thats why dyno runs mean dick compared to real life runs. I'd own an S2k, but i'm fat, and i could think of alot better ways to spend 30+ thousand dollars. but thats me.

Originally posted by spoonredneck@Jul 7 2004, 06:00 PM
No S2000s do suck in the 1/4 mile. Gearing and lack of torque is the fault here. But take them around some cornors, damn boys, these things grip the road.

low 14s from a 4 banger even with shitty 60 foot times is not cause to say it sucks in the 1/4 mile.

i dont think its a matter of it being a 4 banger or not. i think that a comparable vehicle weight, and power, and price, people would expect more. i agree with such, but then again, i've never auto Xd one either.

i believe that it is possible to run a low 14 in an S2k, but i've never seen it done in person.

i have a friend with an 03 s2k. He turned a 13.3 with a comptech charger and centerforce dfx clutch. He was running street tires though and spinning through 3rd. I think anything lower than 14.1 for a stock car is unbelievable.

Back