AT&T got owned

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How is this pwnage? 1st place verizon only at 75% satisfaction?

When the smartest kid in your class is a "C" student, you know your in the American public uneducation system.

a 75% approval rating for a cell phone company is pretty good

i mean you have to take into account the whiny bitches that rate them a 0 because they dont carry the right phones, or because they think the bill is too high, or because they live / work in a blackhole and dont get decent service or whatever other blah blah blah they are bitching about instead of simply switching carriers like they should

i have experienced all of the top companies in my area:
- currently (2007 - present) happiest with the coverage i get with Verizon, i dont really know how their support is because i never have to use it... the few times i have called they seemed knowledgeable and friendly

- before Verizon (2002-2007) i had Nextel who had excellent coverage and support in my area, until Sprint took them over and started dropping Nextel towers, i had to call their support line several times, and it was probably the worst customer service i have ever received, they tried to get me to renew my contract with their new "dual service" i looked at the coverage maps and was less than impressed so when my contract ran out i left them.

- before Nextel/Sprint i had Cingular (1996-2002)... i actually signed up with SNET Wireless before they were purchased by SBC, and then Cingular,
SNET was pretty much the only real carrier in CT when i originally signed up with them, the coverage was ok, the price was ok, and the support was good, they steadily grew and the coverage got better, the price and support remained good...
SBC took hold of them and everything continued the same...
Cingular took hold of them and the coverage got way better, but the price went up, the support sucked ass, and over time i started just getting random charges for no reason, i would get charged for minutes i didnt use, i would get charged for going over my minutes when i didnt, i would get charged for all sorts of shit so almost every month i would have to call up and fight with them to get the charges corrected... after my 3rd $200+ bill i told them to fuck off and went to Nextel...
i did not have them when AT&T took ownership so i do not have direct experience with their current support, friends that have them seem to be pleased, and they are significantly less expensive than Verizon, although the coverage is not quite as good, and for some reason AT&T still hasnt figured out how to properly pass you off to another tower when you are driving along making a call... it is VERY common for the service to fade out and eventually drop the call only to immediately have full bars as soon as the call drops, this is because your call was not handed off to the next tower, you were stuck on the tower you were originally on until the call dropped and you picked up the new tower... this is frustrating as hell if you make calls in your car while moving (fewest dropped calls my ass!!)

- prior to SNET/SBC/Cingular (1993-1996) i had a sweet ass Motorola MicroTac that didnt have service through anyone, you simply punched in a calling card, or credit card number when you wanted to use it and were billed something like $0.90 on peak and $0.45 off peak... had it for emergencies... only used it a few times, but it worked when i needed it to

TMobile is not a real player in CT and is not to be taken seriously here

these are my personal experiences with the companies listed and their service in CT and the northeast for the time frames listed... your mileage may vary :)

ive got Sprint and im really happy with their service :)

+1.

I am an OTR truck driver, and I have RARELY had problems with dropped calls or no service just about anywhere I have been. I was with Nextel for 4 years before switching over to the Sprint side a couple years ago.

How is this pwnage? 1st place verizon only at 75% satisfaction?

When the smartest kid in your class is a "C" student, you know your in the American public uneducation system.

uhmm the same way as if you bat .375 your entire MLB baseball you'll make the hall of fame.....thats called failing most of your MLB career yet your considered awesome....

They do now and it is called droid.

Anyway, AT&T blows. You guys don't realize how many calls/texts you miss. I had problem with this over the summer a lot. My friends would bitch at me for not answering their calls/texts sometimes. I'd swear I never got them and that they never called/text me. They would show me their out going and there it was. The same would happen to my outgoing and them never receiving it. I changed phones and sim cards and it didn't fix it.And it isn't because of where I live or anything. I'm in one of those hot spots on the map ;x.

actually...no..not at all...Droid is not an Iphone dude sorry but your comparison is not legit....im talking to true Iphone lovers....the droid is not the same

My biggest deal with verizon is that it is in the stone age with cdma phones and non-gsm. If they were gsm. I'd be there. But they're not.

uhmm the same way as if you bat .375 your entire MLB baseball you'll make the hall of fame.....thats called failing most of your MLB career yet your considered awesome....

dont even get started on that crap..........i had a .967....1 error entire high school career and was the fastest on my team...i didnt even get scouted...the second best looking for somebody that hit home runs and rarely got on base had an average of 3 errors a season..... all because he was the coaches son i know it was high school but batting averages of baseball period are a touchy subject..

anyways i have to agree with everybody uses at&t for the iphone.. ive never seen an at&t user that didnt have an iphone

ive got Sprint and im really happy with their service :)

+1.

I am an OTR truck driver, and I have RARELY had problems with dropped calls or no service just about anywhere I have been. I was with Nextel for 4 years before switching over to the Sprint side a couple years ago.
skeptical-hippo.jpg

I had Sprint living in 4 different (large)cities across the country. In every single location I traveled to while with Sprint, their coverage was horrendous at best and their customer service even worse.

Even if the droid was the same phone as the iphone but with a different name/look or if the storm had the same features, 100 good apps and 100000 shity ones.

Guess what? it wont matter. It's not an Iphone

Iphone is more then a smart phone, it is the Iphone not only does it make calls, but while you talk on it you'll be holding an Iphone up to your head, when other people see you holding your Iphone they will see an instant connection and know you're on their level.

People don't buy Iphones for the apps, the phone, the media, they buy it because it's an

Iphone

Nothing will ever beat it unless apple puts out another phone to replace it.

I had Sprint living in 4 different (large)cities across the country. In every single location I traveled to while with Sprint, their coverage was horrendous at best and their customer service even worse.

Never stated their customer service was worth a damn. As far as their coverage, I can't really say anything--I've had good experiences.

If the Iphone come sto Verizon, rest assure Verizon would be your most favorite....People only like ATT for the Ifailphone.....

I prefer AT&T for billing practices and reputability.

Verizon can't get my bill straight for my work blackberry, yet in about 6 years with AT&T/Cingular, I've never had one issue. I always have plenty of minutes with roll over minutes.

With Verizon I used to have to care how much I talked or be spanked by overages. My work blackberry runs up $180 bills with Verizon many times.

Even if the droid was the same phone as the iphone but with a different name/look or if the storm had the same features, 100 good apps and 100000 shity ones.

Guess what? it wont matter. It's not an Iphone

Iphone is more then a smart phone, it is the Iphone not only does it make calls, but while you talk on it you'll be holding an Iphone up to your head, when other people see you holding your Iphone they will see an instant connection and know you're on their level.

People don't buy Iphones for the apps, the phone, the media, they buy it because it's an

Iphone

Nothing will ever beat it unless apple puts out another phone to replace it.

I disagree. I bought the phone on a recommendation. I believe the phone portion is not up to par with my expectations - dropped calls and a speaker phone that is not powerful enough - but the multimedia aspects of the phone go above and beyond.

I have the opportunity to answer emails all day long on my blackberry but theres still apps I keep on my iphone for work. The fact that I can watch all my bank accounts, credit cards, stocks, check bloomberg/WSG/NYTimes/USAToday, google map anything I need, use a locater function to find anything near myself, etc., etc. I've never even downloaded a game, but there's still a ton of entertaining and useful things available due to apps.

The pandora app rules my life. Although this recently went to BB

I disagree. I bought the phone on a recommendation. I believe the phone portion is not up to par with my expectations - dropped calls and a speaker phone that is not powerful enough - but the multimedia aspects of the phone go above and beyond.

this is completely true
everyone i know that has the iPhone, from the people who just think its a cool device, to the full blown Apple nut huggers who think Steve Jobs is GOD, they all agree that the worst feature about it, the thing it is worst at, is being an actual PHONE... lol

as a mobile internet and entertainment device though, it is excellent... it has a better stock browser than any other phone i have used, and the apps while mostly mindless, are at least entertaining and often very useful
im not a fan of the touchscreen keyboard, but it does get easier with use
and the form factor of it is definitely nice... it has a quality look and feel and a simple user interface

but at the end of the day it is just as trendy to hate Apple as it is to love Apple... so even if the iPhone was perfect and did everything well, or was an utter pile of shit and did nothing well.... there will always be people bitching about it being a POS pile of fail.... just like there will always be people worshiping it as if it was the cure to cancer, aids, swine flu, and the secret to cold fusion

Back