Autocross

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hometown

Hey chaz - its cool that you are from bremerton - i used to live there until I joined the military - I have family that lives in Port Orchard - Used to live over in east Bremerton off of pine. Cool stuff B.

Oh, I'm not from Bremerton, I make the trek down all the way from up here in Marysville.

So you take the Overpriced Ferry over or pay the overpriced Toll bridge on the way back from driving lol. I used to live in that area too - lived in Lynnwood- also lived in Seattle (Northgate Area) when I attended UW.

Yep I did, on the way back when I came to that I was like omfg you have got to be kidding me.

Today I went to an autocross down in Packwood, that was a hell of a drive to get there, 150 miles. It was super wet. I was surprised how well my RT-615s did in the wet though, I would have never guessed they gripped that well. It could have been just the surface though, I've heard it's one of the grippiest tracks in the dry and wet.

My friend took his Miata down too, he did okay. He didn't have the best tires for the wet though.

I also took another friend down, he has a pretty nice video camera so I'll be posting videos once he gets them uploaded.

sweet.. was wondering how your trip went

The drive back was 200 miles, we didn't want to drive over Mt Rainier in the dark. So we just headed west on the 12 to i-5.

I actually averaged 41 mpg the entire trip, I was quite happy about that.

So I ordered some Hawk HP Plus brake pads and some brembo blanks. Should I get some new brake fluid as well?

Ya, higher boiling brake fluid is a must for any real action.

Why are people so bad at taking action shots? I gave my camera to my mom to take pictures and this is the best she managed. My Dad brought the vid camera with, so we'll see how that turned out eventually.

IMG_0138.jpg

Daamn that is a good deal, too bad I already ordered them from a different place for more : / I'll bookmark that site and order from them the next time I need pads.

Any idea what kind of performance gains I'd feel from getting those? Oh and my suspension is getting squeaky, I need to figure out why.

well, any stiffer bushing is gonna add to the handling of a vehicle.. how much handling? dunno, never installed something like this.. pretty TurboMirage could tell ya

Hmm, I'll have to ask him then. One more practice Autocross left for the season :( Next year I'm going to go down to Pacific Raceways and take a driving class. I'd like to build a Crx for autocross, see if I can talk my Dad into helping with it :D

Wheres the last practice at, and what does it take to get to run?

How much is that class? Its not really the kinda driving Im into, but its not a bad way to kill some time lol.

Go check out the SCCA website at www.scca.com and find your location or district. I am in the Badlands region in ND. Our season is over with CUZ IT IS COLD!!!!. dam Can't complain. My Cr-x took 2nd twice this year in raw times.

I see you wondering about price for racing. I could not tell you this for it is different in every region and if you are an SCCA member or not. The class thing i am guessing you are wondering about it the mods to the car and will not effect the cost, just who you would be racing against in PAX times. It is all about Street Modified (SM) for me. Dam engine swap.

Back