AUTOCROSS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

me too hopefully i'll do alittle better and will have the new springs and shocks on by then. and how much is it to become a member and do i have to pay for the race and the membership at the same time?

i think its 35 to join.
and then, its $5 off each race, so $20 instead of 25- but yes, you'd have to pay oth that 1 time.

but, fyi, no one is a member except chip (number9). i thought about it last week, but didn't have the cash on me.

if you hit every event, its worth the cash.

so far, im 1 for 1, and SO IS E!!! :ph34r:

o i thought that you allwere members thats why you all got points. and instead of being novice can i just move up to whatever the class is eventhough i was not very good in that class?

novice = 1st 3 times out, unless you win your class before those 3 times are up, and you get bumped.

novice don't carry points. every other class does.

basically, being a member, you get a cheaper ticket, and stuff. thats really it.
and if your a voting member, you have to go to the meetings at Oasis.. lol

Originally posted by erebunicrx@Apr 10 2004, 06:05 PM
and instead of being novice can i just move up to whatever the class is even though i was not very good in that class?

CART has specific novice rules. This might not be exact, but it's something like you're in novice until you:

win your class, with winning defined as actually winning (i.e., beating everybody in your novice class), or beating at least three cars, on three separate events.

Also, your second year (or perhaps experience elsewhere) gets you out of novice. And *maybe* four events under your belt (I'm not sure about this one).

When I show up :roll: I'm the number 9 green Integra. If you have any questions, feel free to talk to me. If I don't know the answer, I'll point you in the right direction. I will also probably be doing the novice walk-through this year.

Originally posted by number9+Apr 10 2004, 06:40 PM-->
erebunicrx
@Apr 10 2004, 06:05 PM
and instead of being novice can i just move up to whatever the class is even though i was not very good in that class?

CART has specific novice rules. This might not be exact, but it's something like you're in novice until you:

win your class, with winning defined as actually winning (i.e., beating everybody in your novice class), or beating at least three cars, on three separate events.

Also, your second year (or perhaps experience elsewhere) gets you out of novice. And *maybe* four events under your belt (I'm not sure about this one).

When I show up :roll: I'm the number 9 green Integra. If you have any questions, feel free to talk to me. If I don't know the answer, I'll point you in the right direction. I will also probably be doing the novice walk-through this year.

hope to see ya there. and what if theres no other novices

no other novices = you get 1st place and are bumped out of novice class (as far as i know)

and dont worry about beating other people .... worry about getting a faster time than your last time out
work on technique
try to smooth out your cornering and such

autoX is more about constantly improving than it is about winning (well at least thats how i look at it)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 10 2004, 06:50 PM
no other novices = you get 1st place and are bumped out of novice class (as far as i know)

and dont worry about beating other people .... worry about getting a faster time than your last time out
work on technique
try to smooth out your cornering and such

autoX is more about constantly improving than it is about winning (well at least thats how i look at it)

o i kinda have the drag race mentality of just going out to beat the person next to you. but i am likeing the autox alot more. realy glad i tried it. and for everyone else that has not, TRY IT!!!

Does that mean that the Stock Insight is going to own the built Mirage again..... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I can't wait....hehe :p :p :p

ill be a little better off this time. i hope. :D

oops this is turbomirage.... im posting under the wrong screen name haha.

I'm there, with new Helmet. It'll take a few seconds off my time, I'm sure!

IT's black !

-> Steve

(Before you ask, Airjockie is sharing)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 15 2004, 01:20 PM
bah, come anyway... hang out..
shit, take the jetta!! lol

What Jetta? Are you referring to the Ex's jetta?

I may show up in the new blazer... :)

Back