B-series crank pulleys interchangeable?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

hey all, just wondering if anybody knows this? like b18a/b18b/b16/b20 etc- are they all interchangeable? What about early B20s (prelude), A-motors, F/H-motors, etc? The bottom line here is I'm trying to figure out what pulleys might work on a D17 crank since older D's wont (crank snout diameter is way too big- like B-series size but I don't have any spare B pulleys handy I could check with). I'd rather not use a D17 pulley cause they use a totally different belt setup and changing all my accessories over would be a complete pain in the ass.

Or if anybody knows what pulleys will fit on a D17 crank that would help too :p

i understand you're a n00b and all... but come on...
the dude is apparently trying to mate a z6 head to a d17 block and you're gonna go back to kindergarden with the all B's to B's and all D's to D's???

and thats not even correct as he stated in the first post...

The bottom line here is I'm trying to figure out what pulleys might work on a D17 crank since older D's wont

D17 is out of the new school civics...
and the D15/D16 crank pulleys don't fit...

it's actually basically a z6 motor (block/head/accessories/etc), just D17 internals. The whole problem is the D17 crank snout diameter is bigger than older d's (same reason why you have to use a D17 oil pump) so obviously d pulleys won't work. The newer D17s use a semi-serp belt setup that combines a few accessories on one single belt, which is a wider 6 rib as opposed to the conventional 4 rib. So to use the D17 pulley, you would have to change some of the existing accessory pulleys over to the 6 rib D17 pulleys, along with having to fab custom accessory brackets to relocate the accessories (no thanx). But if I can find a stock pulley from another motor that will bolt right on, I'd be good to go.

Like I said I just wanted to try and get an idea of what pulleys I should be looking for that might possibly fit...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 12 2005, 11:01 AM
your best bet might be to go to a machine shop and have them make it fit...
[post=486103]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah thats kinda my last resort if I can't find one that will bolt right on.

the b series engine out of the old preludes is totaly diffrent wont work with any other b series as fare as d's with d's and b's with b's reckedracing is right all integra b series blocks are the same just diff bores and the b16a2 is the same and the crv b20b just got a really big bore. as far as the d series d16 are all the same and d15 are all the same. i dont know if this helps just clerring up things. the d17 is not the same as d15 and d16 totally diffrent.

thanks steve

Originally posted by 96CIVICLS@Apr 16 2005, 10:00 AM
b16a2 is the same and the crv b20b just got a really big bore.

[post=487777]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink: :blink: :blink:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!? Please dont spread shitty info

all the b series blocks are the same except V teks the only diffrence is the bores and strokes check it in the engine diffrences pages ask pissedofsol he know all b series blocks are the same b16a2,b16a3,b18c1,b18c,b18c5,b20b,b20bz, all the same just difrent bores and the b20 in the older preludes 88-91 s and si are way diffrent. so what are you saying STDMAN???????? :unsure:

Back