B-series turbo manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

Hey guys! I'm building a b16 for my CRX and was thinking, what manifold should I get? I'm thinking of upgrading to a .70/.63 garrett t3/60-1 or so later on, when I get the motor in. I have a garrett t3/t04e .50/.48 with a .57 trim compressor wheel on my mini-me at the moment. What Manifold will be compatible for these turbo and wont cost me an arm and a leg like FULL-RACE does. THANKS!

Is the motor in the car a d series? and the turbo is going on the b series? If so you will need a new turbo manifold.

I finished this tonight. Just need to add the wastegate. Its for a guy in Australia. Thought I'd share.

wMTE0Njc4MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTE0Njc4NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

You issue is going to be fitment, not design. There is a million page thread on H-T with turbo people showing their manifolds/radiators/crossmembers. The gleaned version:

C&R half radiators are only 16" tall, will fit with most reasonable manifolds. This is probably your only choice if you are going with an equal length "ramhorn" style manifold.

Fluidine half radiators and PWR/Full-Race half radiators are 18" tall and are too tall to fit without cutting the webbing of your hood and adding a little gangsta lean. This lean will make it difficult for you to fit most manifolds. Anything larger than the peakboost manifolds will probably give you fits.

Del Sol half radiators may be useable, depending on the crossmember you are running. Working with a CRX engine bay isn't going to be fun.

Point is - You need a Radiator/Fan and you need a crossmember. You don't need a bah-lingin' equal length manifold to make sweet power. While you're mani-shopping, think fitment. I'd hate to see a "What can I cut up to get XXX manifold to fit?" thread from you a few months down the road.

' date='Dec 4 2005, 08:53 PM' post='623065']
You issue is going to be fitment, not design. There is a million page thread on H-T with turbo people showing their manifolds/radiators/crossmembers. The gleaned version:

C&R half radiators are only 16" tall, will fit with most reasonable manifolds. This is probably your only choice if you are going with an equal length "ramhorn" style manifold.

Fluidine half radiators and PWR/Full-Race half radiators are 18" tall and are too tall to fit without cutting the webbing of your hood and adding a little gangsta lean. This lean will make it difficult for you to fit most manifolds. Anything larger than the peakboost manifolds will probably give you fits.

Del Sol half radiators may be useable, depending on the crossmember you are running. Working with a CRX engine bay isn't going to be fun.

Point is - You need a Radiator/Fan and you need a crossmember. You don't need a bah-lingin' equal length manifold to make sweet power. While you're mani-shopping, think fitment. I'd hate to see a "What can I cut up to get XXX manifold to fit?" thread from you a few months down the road.

Hmm thats funny. I have a half core in my CRX and didn't cut the hood or lean it out. I also have a 3" downpipe with the factory cross member.

word to not needing to cut anything or lean.

i will hook you up with a good mani for agood price, if your interested.

sounds like a short tubular ould suit your needs well.

Quoted post[/post]]
Is the motor in the car a d series? and the turbo is going on the b series? If so you will need a new turbo manifold.
Yeah I know that! That's why I'm looking for one!

I'm also planning to run a C&R radiator (half size) and stock factory cross member!

How much does hotrex charge for a sick manifold like that??

I am no longer taking orders for manifolds. This was the last one. Hotrex makes the identical thing and he does great work. His prices are lower than mine anyway.

' date='Dec 4 2005, 08:53 PM' post='623065']

Yah, for EF's log manifolds will have better radiator clearance. With my Revhard manifold, 2.5" DP and compressor to the driver side on my T3/T04E my DP was pretty close to my PWR shorty radiator. I think there was a member on H-T who had a peakboost manifold but it wouldn't fit unless he angled the passenger side of the radiator towards the back and the drivers side to the radiator forward. Here are the threads on H-T with the different EF turbo setups.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1412529&page=1

I am having trouble getting ahold of you HOTREX. I would like to buy one of your manifolds. I sent you multiple PMs.

Dan

you sent both pms today. i work all day. i replied to your pms.

thank you

that sick manifold will set you back 425.

Back