b16 Bogging, Help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would buy new ones or look into head studs, new bolts are expensive their like 5 or 6 a bolt. and yeah the the valve guides are between the spring and valve seat, also replace the valve stem seals. this will keep the head in great shape for a long time. the valve guide have to be pressed in by the machine shop and they will put the new seals in too

ight, i really appreciate all these you 2..ill let you know what happens..it may take a few though..but thanks ill try it out...oh, and how do i run my own dianostics with the flashing light and where do i look up the codes? a performance shop wants to charge me 80 for it..screw that

there is a plug above the ecu it will have two wires in it jump the wires and the engine light will flash. you can google the codes or get a book.

a book for a single cam be the same for the b16? cause all i can find is books for sohc..but kk thank you i'll get to that when i can and let you know, Thanks

Valve Guides are pretty deep inside the head. Cam caps, cams, and valve springs need to come out before the valves.....and then the guides. Best to do all that with the head off.....or....better yet.....have the machine shop do it. They are much faster and you may not feel comfortable doing brain surgery on your head. Have the shop do a valve job with new guides and prepare to not have a car for a few days. Or....jst have them mill the head and hope the vavle guides are still good.

Back