b16 ICM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

commador

ok, so I just finished my swap, a b16a, and I finally got it running. BUT, when I ran it, right after it first started, which it hadnt run before since it was pulled out of a jdm sir, seemed sluggish. It was getting a cel, and I have yet to check it, to see if my vtec isnt working, but if it is, could the d series ICM be causing this? It starts the car fine and idles and runs smooth, just dosent seem fast. Mabey because it was cold. But coud the d series ICM cause the sluggishness? The replacement is 170 dollars, and I dont have that right now, but I need my car. So, could this be the culprit, (if its not a malfunctioning vtec, or just being cold) ??

Im not using a d series ecu, I am using a p30. I mean the ICM, inside the distributor. Im asking if that would cause it to seem sluggish.

You're talking about the ignitor? Rotor? Coil?

ICM, Ignition Control Module. So, Yeah, it would be the ignitor. I took it for a spin tonight, after fixing vtec and such, I have NO CEL's, but it hestitates REALLY bad, up until vtec,then it pulls, but not what it should pull like. Both of my friends think it is because I am using a d15b7 ICM(ignitor) rather than a b16a ICM(ignitor), I checked majestics parts numbers, and they arent the same, but the reason I used the b7 part, is because the right part is 170 bucks, and I dont have that right now. I was told that an obd0 ls ICM(ignitor) would run it perfect, because my friend is using one in a b16a, but that motor is obd0, and mine is obd1. He said it would work, and I guess I will try it, because its free, and I would rather save 170, if the ls ignitor will run it. There is another thing though, I have yet to fill up the tank, and it is currently using 87 octane, rather than 91. I am going to get it ASAP, but I dont think it would cause it to run that badly. So, does it look like the ICM is the culprit to having NO power below 5k??

not sure bought that, but the first thiung I'd do is get some 91 in there , 87 isn't good for a high compression mototr like a b16

well my boy did that with the obd0 on a obd1 and it worked but for some reason the ecu seemed to have the engine redline at 3500 we thought it was the ecu then i told him to use a different one for an obd1 and he went and spent the money and the car ran fine so just save up the money and get the right one that is your best option

ok, the only other thing is gas, which Im about to go get some 91. I only had an 1/8th of a tank of 87, so I hope I didnt screw any thing up. I shouldve filled it with 91 before the swap but I didnt have that much forethought.

There is one thing though, I had a code 14, so I cleaned the IAC, and it went away, its back again. Will a messed up IAC cause stumbling too *IF* there already was 91 in the car?? I know there is 87 now, and thats not helping, but IF there was 91, would a bad IAC cause hesitation from 2k to 4k??

*leaving to get good gas right now*

I also i have a eg with a B16 sir II swap running with a p72 ecu... Code # 14 IAC , # 21 V-tec
solenoid , and the knock sensor ?? NEED with wiring guys any help ????

Originally posted by junhonda20@Sep 21 2004, 01:56 PM
I also i have a eg with a B16 sir II swap running with a p72 ecu... Code # 14 IAC , # 21 V-tec
[post=393024]Quoted post[/post]​

start your own thread

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Sep 21 2004, 07:45 PM-->
junhonda20
@Sep 21 2004, 01:56 PM
[post=393024]Quoted post[/post]​

start your own thread
[post=393041]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha, never has that been such a right on response. Most people that thread jack at least pick a relative topic.

Back