b16 no ground for injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a b16 converted to obd 1. The car does not start but it cranks over. I checked spark and it was good. I checked to see if i had fuel pressure and i do 26psi. I checked power and ground for the injectors. I have power but i have no ground. The ground for the injectors is through the ecu if i am not mistaking. So which means i need a ecu correct? The ecu do not have a label on it but i took the cover off the ecu PR3(which confused me cause i thought the PR3 was an obd0 ecu). Can someone help me out here or let me know if i am missing something. Thanks

there are obd0 and obd1 pr3's.

you're not seeing ground at the injectors because the only time you would see ground is when the injector is firing. so unless the car was running you're not going to see squat from a multimeter.

any codes? how sure are you that the timing and firing order is correct?

I checked timing and my firing order again. Its good, I also just replaced the dizzy for a code 9. I put the new dizzy on and i have this crank no start problem. Car ran before but was falling on its face.

sounds like a computer to me... have you tried using a noid light to see if the injectors are firing?

i dont have another ecu to try but im going to see if someone at work has a noid light that will work. I have no luck with either car this past week. The fuel pump went in my other hatch and its a walbro that is just over a yr old

replaced ecu and still have a crank no start. I am kinda lost right now. I have fuel pressure,spark,correct firing order. Can anyone help me out. Thanks

is it flooding? any other discrepancies you forget to mention? intake it clear and open? everything is hooked up properly? any other cels showing? we may need some more info...

no other codes, I am going to take the plugs out and check them. I put a clutch and flywheel in the car. Started it up cel 9 ran light crap, replace dizzy,now i have a crank no start, checked to see if the injectors were firing with a noid light and i had no pulse, replaced ecu with a new one, same concern. I didnt check to see if i have injector pulse yet i do not have the noid light at my house its at work.

Where did you get your dizzy from? I would suspect a bad dizzy or maybe a wire got pinched between the motor and trans when you did the clutch? also check your grounds.

I started the car after I did the clutch. I got the dizzy from distributor kings I put the old dizzy back in and it doesn't start. The car is wired for obd 1 but it has a resister box in it and for obd 1 you do not need the box or am I wrong.

do you have obd 0 or obd 1 injectors? If you have obd 1 injectors remove the resister box. If you have the obd 1 injectors leave it alone.

I believe they are obd 0 injectors. Friday i am going to check the grounds again. But the part that confuses me is that was running after i did the clutch i just had a code 9 ran like crap, I parked the car put the new dizzy in. Crank no start. My next step is to open the harness up and check to make sure all the wires are good, maybe something chewed through a harness. This sucks!!!

Ohm test the wires from the ecu plug to the Dizzy plug. It sounds like you may have a bad dizzy out of the box.

you can ohm check the sensors in the dizzy. Check them out and post the numbers. I will have to search around my alldata and find the proper specs.

cool thanks. I should have them up tomorrow. I wish i had alldata at my dealership but since its a dealership they dont think we should have it.

Back