b16 Sir-II From Hmotorsonline

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Phantom_EH2

Im going to Hmotorsonline for a b16 i plan on swapping into my 1992 civic dx below is a list of what it comes with i searcxhed but could not find def answers but is this everything will i need anything else??

B16A 92-95 (SiR-II) Complete Change Over

Price: $ 2250.00 Plus shipping and handling
Availability: In stock and ready to go

- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny (S21, Y21)
- ECU (P30)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shift Linkage
- Stock Motor Mounts *
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed
- LSD Tranny (Optional +$300)

search you damn n00b. :)

don't forget to read their disclaimer in what you need to do to keep the warranty, like timing belt drive belts, spark plugs, yada yada. You are going to need the del sol vtec radiator hoses, and the wiring is a cinch. c-speedracing.com has a detailed guide, it is for a b18, but everything else is the same also check out http://ff-squad.com/ they have all your wiring needs.

OH yeah , don't forget to change the clutch and flywheel. They might be ok, but why risk it, if you can do it right there and then. If you are going to keep ac, ask steve for the proper ac mount, as the one on the motor will not work. And your axles will most likely be crappy so be prepared to use them as cores to get new ones from autozone.

and I don't know if it is cheaper to get a timing belt kit from www.prostreetonline.com or getting the individual parts from hondaautomotiveparts.com

good luck

I am assuming that you are getting a JDM engine. When I got mine, I had a small problem. Everything is backwards there, meaning that your engine harness that comes with it is useless except for stealing connectors and such because the harness is backwards from the way your car is setup. Get another harness or modify the one in your car now. Plenty of info here on that. Just do a search for info on wiring changes.

yea i already knew that will a d series wiring harness work with a b series engine so all i have to do is cut the vtec switches and the knock sensor off the b16 harness so it all works and wont i have to swap fuel rails as well. I remember when i did my h23 i got the long block from wthem which turned out to be a euro h23 block so i had to swapped fuel rails since it was all backwards

an EG dseries harness will work with a b16 motor.

heres the kicker though, the motor comes with the dizzy alternator and injectors, BUT if hte motor is OBDII then you will have to buy a new alternator injectors and dizzy that are obd1 B16 from a 1994 delsol Vtec. dont know if SiR II is obd I

Quoted post[/post]]

heres the kicker though, the motor comes with the dizzy alternator and injectors, BUT if hte motor is OBDII then you will have to buy a new alternator injectors and dizzy that are obd1 B16 from a 1994 delsol Vtec. dont know if SiR II is obd I

well the sir-2 if obd1 and wat about the fuel rail etc do i need to do anything to that or will all be fine ??

and thanx for telling em the dseries harness works wiring will be a sinch . What about mounts will the ones that come with the swap work or do i need something else??

sorry for all the questions im used to h-series and prelude since i owned one and my brother still do and we run the md prelude club =) haha so im more inclined to the bb's

Thats crazy - HMO has the SAME exact price for an SiRII swap as they did 5 years ago when i got mine from em. . .. $2.9k shipped w/ksd.

Bump for HMO - they even generated the credit card receipt i left with them when my car got stolen.

Quoted post[/post]]

JDM motors dont come in 0BD-II y0

Quoted post[/post]]
OBDII then you will have to buy a new alternator injectors and dizzy that are obd1 B16 from a 1994 delsol Vtec. dont know if SiR II is obd I
:no:

this is not at all accurate
all you have to do is swap the plugs for the Alternator, Distributor, and injectors
i did this on my swap 3 years ago and have not had a single problem

you have the propper plugs on the JDM harness
why waste money buying parts you already have ???

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

JDM motors dont come in 0BD-II y0
ummm yes they do.... my 01 B18C is definitely plugged as an OBD-2 as was the ECU that came with it
wheter or not the program on the ECU was OBD-2 im not 100% sure... but EVERYTHING else was definitely OBD-2

oh and SIR-II is a a trim level... just like DX, EX, Si, etc... they were available since 88 (OBD-0, OBD-1, OBD-2)

I just bought that exact complete changeover from hmotorsonline to put in my 92 cx. I had to buy a new clutch, had the flywheel resurfaced, all new belts, new timing belt tensioner, water pump, new valve cover seals, new main seal behind the flywheel, and spark plugs. I used my stock d series harness and cut the wires i needed out of the harness that came with the sir2 engine. I had to use the 97 integra type r lower radiator hose and im not sure what the upper hose i used was because the del sol hoses definately did not fit. hoses were too short and not big enough around. Or maybe the honda store got it wrong...i dont know.
There were other various parts I replaced as well while the engine was out just beause.

The wiring wasnt the easiest thing in the world but it wasnt too bad at all. Lots of good diagrams on here and other sites. I took the time and used the shock tower connectors so it looks pretty good. most of the vtec wires were already there. On mine anyways.

I also had to cap off the charcoal canister since there is no evap purge valve on the sir2 engine (JDM).

Have fun! :cool:

Quoted post[/post]]
I just bought that exact complete changeover from hmotorsonline to put in my 92 cx. I had to buy a new clutch, had the flywheel resurfaced, all new belts, new timing belt tensioner, water pump, new valve cover seals, new main seal behind the flywheel, and spark plugs. I used my stock d series harness and cut the wires i needed out of the harness that came with the sir2 engine. I had to use the 97 integra type r lower radiator hose and im not sure what the upper hose i used was because the del sol hoses definately did not fit. hoses were too short and not big enough around. Or maybe the honda store got it wrong...i dont know.
There were other various parts I replaced as well while the engine was out just beause.

The wiring wasnt the easiest thing in the world but it wasnt too bad at all. Lots of good diagrams on here and other sites. I took the time and used the shock tower connectors so it looks pretty good. most of the vtec wires were already there. On mine anyways.

I also had to cap off the charcoal canister since there is no evap purge valve on the sir2 engine (JDM).

Have fun! :cool:

what kinda of extras?? and u used the mounts that came with the engine correct and the axles that came as well only thing u didnt use were some hoses? and the wiriing harness?

Yes I used all the mounts that came with the engine. They fit perfect. I think I had to reuse the bolts for the lower front engine mounts though. (the bolts that stick straight out of the mount). The extras I was referring to were things like ball joints and seals and such that i figured i may as well change now. The axles fit perfect as well.

My engine should be here from hmotors today! Im so excited! Got a b16a sirII full swap, going to get all the stuff replaced tonight(waterpump, timing belt/tensioner, spark plug wires, dist. rotor, all that great stuff that the warranty requires). Hopefully will get the d series drained of all fluids and everything disconnected, then tomorrow ill get the d series out, get stuff wired up on the new engine to the shock tower harnesses, already have stuff ran to the ecu. Im so excited! Ive been dying to work on something!

I hope your shift linkage is better than the junk I got when I recieved my engine. Make sure you ask him if it is genuine oem linkage or some crap he scabbed together.

Oh damn...how do you tell the difference...is there markings on it? I never really thought to look at it too much.

The stock linkage is cadmium plated (gold colored) the aftermarket is painted flat black. On the aftermarket one the universal joint at the tranny end is oversized and very loose.

Ok good...mine is the gold colored one...seems to fit good too.

Back