*B16 sir2 motor in civic hatch vx 92*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ConejoHB

B) Hi to all honda enthusiasts!!

First of all im ready for a b16 sir2 jdm motor in my 92 civic hb vx. I will be ordering the motor from hmotorsonline (good reputation according to this forum)

Well.. Me and my boys will be in the garage busy for this swap(our first swap).
And im confused about the Obd wiring and the sensors... my 92 hb is OBD1 , but i dont know if the b16 is obd1 or obd2, the motor is a b16 sir2 jdm 92-92.

I want to discuss about the swap with people who have actually done the swap.

I want to install bolt ons as well.. but i dont know which ones to order for the car or the motor??

will it pass emissions?

how much for labor in case i fuck up?

which tranny should i use?
what should i expect?

well thats all for now. .. i think?!
:) i aprreciate any comments & suggestions

i did the JDM SiR 2 motor in my 98 Civic Ex... since the motor is OBD2 and your car is OBD1... you'll need to get the OBD2 to OBD1 conversion harness assuming you are getting the OBD2 ecu and harness... the car will most likely not pass emissions... i did this swap back in february and i am still having a few little pronlems but, only because the dumbass i got the motor from sent me the wrong shit and gave me the worng info... i used the B16A tranny cause it has shorter gears... just be patient when you do the swap... take your time and do the shit the right way so you don't mess anything up... since you are doing yours swap in a different gen. civic then mine, i am not sure what toy will need as far as motor mounts.... if you come across any problems just ask me, i hope i will be able to help you... Good Luck!!!

you said you have? or ordering the motor? i am doing the same swap in my 94 coupe.i was very pleased with the condition of the motor when it arrived im still waiting on some parts with any luck they will be in tomorrow and i will have it on the road.

im not to sure what you mean when you say you want to do boltons but i would go with i/h/e then go on from there

Originally posted by ConejoHB@Oct 19 2003, 09:51 PM

First of all im ready for a b16 sir2 jdm motor in my 92 civic hb vx. I will be ordering the motor from hmotorsonline (good reputation according to this forum)

And im confused about the Obd wiring and the sensors... my 92 hb is OBD1 , but i dont know if the b16 is obd1 or obd2, the motor is a b16 sir2 jdm 92-92.

I want to install bolt ons as well.. but i dont know which ones to order for the car or the motor??

will it pass emissions?

what should i expect?

ok any b serious hydrolic tranny will work depending on what you want if you want turbo go with the ls the 94+interga tranny but it slow with all motor or the b16a2 which is hydro as well and has shorter gires or the gsr which is best for the $or go all out with the type r but be worned it cost to much as for as the obd it go goes like this for the interga's or civics 88-91 they are obdo the 92-95 are obd1 and the 96+are obd2 the car will pass the smoke test but you need a catolic converter don'y go crazy about it you'r already has one and it should work fine intake get it for your car headers for the motor if you ant a b16 get that exhaust i recommend custom i can get you deal buy a muffler and for $80 they will do a cat back any ?email me

:D
thanks for all the info!!

:worthy: if anyone has ordered the motor from hmotorsonline, could u tell me how much is for the complete swap 92-95 sir2 motor plus shiping and handling?

How much u think would be for the labor of putting the motor in my hatch succesfully and making it run succesfully?
thks

B16A from a 92-95 civic/delsol will plug "right" into a VX, there is some minor wiring, but it is easy.

B16A however came in civic/delsol/crx from 89-00 so when you order it, be sure to specify that you need a 92-95 OBD I model, and you'll be good. If you have any question post em up.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 22 2003, 01:49 AM
B16A from a 92-95 civic/delsol will plug "right" into a VX, there is some minor wiring, but it is easy.

B16A however came in civic/delsol/crx from 89-00 so when you order it, be sure to specify that you need a 92-95 OBD I model, and you'll be good. If you have any question post em up.

:roll: Are u positive that the 92-95 JDM b16sir2 is obd 1?

what should I look for when installing the swap?

:worthy:

Originally posted by ConejoHB@Oct 19 2003, 09:51 PM

will it pass emissions?

what should i expect?

I just got the motor two days ago from there and it is in nice shape. I paid 2675 or close to it for the complete including shipping to va beach.. swap 92-95 b16a sir II OBD-1 motor, y21 trans, p30 ecu, half shafts in good condition, and the shift linkage. IT IS OBD 1 by the way I can e-mail you pics if you want. I have not put it in yet because I am still putting on the misc crap.

here is the link
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000se...page&item=30005

hey, send me pics when u can

good luck on ur swap!

u think the lsd transmission is worth it with the swap?

:unsure: Is the b16 really worth 2600+ ?

Is it really worth it in a hatch? Are the power gains worth it to race?

I could buy another civic hatch for the price of the b16 sir2 jdm swap!?

Let me know what u think B)

My Sir2 w/LSD motor came from hmotorsonline.com smashed. It took me 2 months to get my money back from Steve and he still owes me $100. He has good motors but very bad customer service. I got mine for $2650 shipped to MD.

Here's some pics of the damage: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290419693

I ended getting my second motor (B18C1 w/JDM Y21 LSD tranny) from importautosalvage since they were on the east coast. It cost more but it was well worth it.

Wiring instructions are in my signature.

Originally posted by dwnthehatch@Oct 25 2003, 05:54 PM
My Sir2 w/LSD motor came from hmotorsonline.com smashed. It took me 2 months to get my money back from Steve and he still owes me $100. He has good motors but very bad customer service. I got mine for $2650 shipped to MD.

Here's some pics of the damage: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290419693

I ended getting my second motor (B18C1 w/JDM Y21 LSD tranny) from importautosalvage since they were on the east coast. It cost more but it was well worth it.

Wiring instructions are in my signature.

So, you're blaming HMO for what looks like a shipping accident?

i got my engine at japandomesticmotor.com I paid 1900 for the engine 300 lsd and 75 for the axels shipping was 270 plus 60 crossing fee since this company is in canada I paid 100 bucks extra for the jdm tach a total of 2705,not bad at all cause it comes with everything even the ac compressor, even though it won't work on my car but hey comes with at.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 25 2003, 05:05 PM
So, you're blaming HMO for what looks like a shipping accident?

No, I'm blaming Steve for being a lying asshole. He held my money for two months stating he will send the check as soon as he got the damaged motor in. He got the motor and would never return my calls. He even bragged how his insurance company gave him the claim money and let him keep the motor which he sold for $900. I called him every day for 2 months. He stated on 2 different occasions that he is overnighting the money back to me. It never came. Finally a check came in the mail sent first class and it's $100 short.

B) Ok ok guys, my sir 2 motor is on the way, I ordered the complete swap!

what kind of performance should I expect?
what bolt ons can I install on this motor on the eg chassis,, hatch?
I like the red valve cover, anyone knows where can i order it Jdm?
what way should i go,, nitrous , turbo , all motor??? (dont really have enough $$ for turbo)

any suggestions? :p

you said your car is a 92? you might be lucky some of the 92 civic came already wired for vtec. and i believe the b16 sir2 is obd1. just call hmotors and ask them. if not you will need the wiring adapter. which you can get from hasport.

Back