1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16 tranny

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by B16 N2O CRX, Nov 11, 2003.

1. B16 N2O CRX

B16 N2O CRX Junior Member

i have a 1988 honda crx... i have a b16 in it with a few things done such as, skunk 2 stage 2 cams, hayame cam gears, mugen chip, aem intakem, thermal exhaust, zex nitrous kit, neuspeed sway bars etc.
    i jus replaced my clutch with a centerforce dual friction... but about 2 days later i totally fucked my tranny chasing someone down .. its been a bitch tryin to get a new tranny and i was jus wondering what my options were for a new tranny.. anyone has any info let me know ..

2. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

Any B-series will fit, get either another B16 Trans, or a Type R trans. Anything else and you will feel AND be slower.

3. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

If you get a type R you have to swap to Hydro clutch... your 88 Civic isnt hydrolic, it's cable. Think about that. That said, any b series will fit/bolt on whateva you call it. S1 (Civic SiR I think), Y1 (no clue what this is out of) or even the YS1 (integra 90-93)

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

you need a cable tranny and my suggestion is the S1.

6. ckyhimself

ckyhimself Member

i assume u have the a1 b/c its cable clutch... if so any b-series cable clutch setup will work... of course u could convert to hydro....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted