B16A N/A Monster?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Flu_By_U

Does anyone know what compression ratio and power this engine would have? Also, If something shold be changed or u guys have better ideas let me know I'm always open 4 constructive opinions!

B16A(SiR) w/ GSR Tranny

- LS Crank
- ITR Pistions and Rings
- CTR Rods
- Mugen 2-Layer Head Gasket
- Golden Eagle Sleeves
- DC Sports 4-1 Header
- MSD Wires, SCI, Distributor/ Coil Blaster
- AEM Fuel Rail
- Aeromotive FPR
- Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
- Toda Lightweight Flywheel
- Clutchmasters Stage 4 Clutch
- ARP Studs and Bolts
- Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley Set
- STR Cam Gears
- Toda Street/Strip Cams
- Toda Valvetrain
- Skunk 2 Intake Manifold
- Skunk 2 ECU
- RPM Service 70mm Throttlebody
- Ported and Polished Head/ Milled .30 over

Originally posted by Flu_By_U@Jul 20 2003, 02:25 PM
B16A(SiR) w/ GSR Tranny

- LS Crank
- ITR Pistions and Rings
- CTR Rods

It wouldn't make any power because the engine won't turn. Your pistons are going to slam right into the top of your combustion chamber and lock the engine up.

B16A(SiR) w/ GSR Tranny---->Start off 1.8 and get a better gearing tranny since your going motor with this.

- LS Crank---------------------->there is a discussion about this as we speak
- ITR Pistions and Rings------->cheap replacements but if going with larger sleeves then they won't work.

- CTR Rods---------------------->eagle would be a cheap and better rod

- Mugen 2-Layer Head Gasket->just take the middle layer out of your oem unit

- Golden Eagle Sleeves--------->good, also consider Darton

- DC Sports 4-1 Header--------->if going on budget it isn't bad, but get the 2.5 collector, I recommend hytech, smsp,headertech.

- MSD Wires, SCI, Distributor/ Coil Blaster--->don't need this

- AEM Fuel Rail-------------------->since your motor isn't going anywhere near 400whp you don't need to upgrade this.

- Aeromotive FPR----------------->I will let B answer this one

- Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump------->fine.

- Toda Lightweight Flywheel------->good choice, also consider Jun, Spoon, fidanza

- Clutchmasters Stage 4 Clutch--->I recommend ACT/rpsturbo

- ARP Studs and Bolts-------------->this is cheap insurance and a must for any build.

- Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley Set-->don't bother, if running only alternator then get the ctr crank pullye and have it balanced.

- STR Cam Gears-------------------->get cam gears that can not be adjusted for more than 5degrees.

- Toda Street/Strip Cams------------>ABCD's

- Toda Valvetrain--------------------->good.

- Skunk 2 Intake Manifold------------>good.

- Skunk 2 ECU------------------------->i used it but pills hates it.

- RPM Service 70mm Throttlebody-->fine with the cams

- Ported and Polished Head/ Milled .30 over --->why mill???? there is really no nead for it unless your head is slightly warped.

good luck.

Milan

:werd:

There's a lot of parts in that build list that make you just go "huh?", mostly because you wouldn't use them all at once in the same engine.

yea that list has some flaws in it..

the words all motor, b16 and monster generally can't be used in the same sentence.

you have a thin head gasket, the head milled .030.. kinda overkill not to mention

as far as the ECU goes.. i'm all about the tunable ECU's

Back