b16a pistons in b20a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sweet but thats not for a b20a is it?
i might find the time 2morrow to open up the b18a and look whatsize wrist pins it has. (same as b20)
just got my car together with a 1300cc carby beast.lol rebuilt it from a rolling shell took 3 days.
lol anyways
cheers bay

alex

i have here in my hand a piston and rod assembily from a b18a which is the same as b20a wristpin size is 21mm according to my eyes so they shud fit
power increase i THINK is worked out as
every 0.1 point of compression is 3% power increase
i also believe the stock b20a pistons have 9.4:1 ratio the b16a pistons are 10.2 or 10.5:1
giving therotical power increase of 24% if its 10.2:1
33% increase if it is 10.5:1
thats a lot more power either way.

i also heard that the accord b20a is 160hp stock
which would make the power output 200-215hp ISH

does this sound correct to anyone?

Quoted post[/post]]
i have here in my hand a piston and rod assembily from a b18a which is the same as b20a wristpin size is 21mm according to my eyes so they shud fit
i also believe the stock b20a pistons have 9.4:1 ratio the b16a pistons are 10.2 or 10.5:1

:bustout:

raising c/r from 9:1 to 10:1 is about a 3% increase. NOT 30%. Your outa your mind dude. Listen to these guys, they are trying to help you....

Quoted post[/post]]

The (jdm) accord b20a is NOT 160hp stock, and don't believe anyone who tells you that it is.
Think about what you're saying here also:
If raising compression from 9.4 to 10.2 bumped power by %30 everyone would be building LS motors to run 11:1 and have 70-80% power increase, which is obviously not the case.
Puttin b16 pistons in a b20 will not put you anywhere near 200-215hp ish.. my guess would be from 135ish to 150ish maybe.

a prelude b20a5 is 145hp accord has more balls than that i have a stock dyno graph for a b20a it says 160hp my mate cant remember where he got it from and i cant seem to find the link.

a 160hp dyno graph that you found doesnt really mean much. you dont know for a fact the motor was built or not, whether the dyno was working properly, or if someone is just posting it to fuck with people.

just listen to these people. they do know what they are talking about. that motor is almost designed to blow up. could you get it to work? sure, anything works with enough money. we are simply suggesting that doing this is not the best bang for your buck. and since your on a budget i would think that would be your main goal.

but if you think it could work then by all means go for it and we will provide info when we can.

Back