B16A running rough. (NOT IACV)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No change in the IACV could be the IACV Helm's says that the idle should fall to about 400rpm or it could even die. If its staying at high idle.....I would look into borrowing one or hitting up a recycler/junkyard for a used one. There's a ton of them out there to try. Sometimes a cleaning isn't enough. It "probably" not the wiring on the IACV because it would throw a code if it was loose. And check the FITV....if you have one.

i am getting a code mate 14 keeps popping up which is IACV . yes i do have FITV so i will check that out. .i have also read the car idle may not drop too much , it all depends on settin of base idle which is ajusted manual. as read here Honda IACV explained - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com

cheers john.

So if you are getting a code, its the wiring or the valve

91 crx hf
jdm b16a
chipped p28
intake,full exhaust,exedy flywheel,stage 4 clutch

I have an update though, i remember in school when we were talking about the tps, over time holding a steady pedal (highway driving) it wears a spot in the tps and so i adjusted it and all the problems were gone.it ran smooth, no more chucking,surging idle.
BUT it is still throwing code 14 and now it ocasionally falls on its face at wide open throttle so as soon as i find a parts store that has a new tps in stock im gona buy it an see if it is back to normal
dont understand y code 14 is still on though:confused:

oh and i had the wiring all takin apart cuz it was a mess wen i first got the car does anybody know a link on were i can just wire the iacv straight to the ecu i searched forever and couldn't find what i was looking for

oh and i had the wiring all takin apart cuz it was a mess wen i first got the car does anybody know a link on were i can just wire the iacv straight to the ecu i searched forever and couldn't find what i was looking for

might change the TPS myself mate, going too double check wiring 1st tho .you OBD1 or OBD0??? either way you'll find info here OBD0 is at bottom of page
ECU Pinout Info - FAQ

before replacing try what i did and take loose the two torx screws and turn the tps and then take it for a test drive.

this problem remains the same
icon_sad.gif
thought i had it sorted when i looked at ecu plugs Pin 3 on connection D was BLANK
icon_scratch.png
so looked that up , was knock sensor.... so here i was OH FUCK YEAH IM SORTED now... yeah right started it up gave her little throtte (around 2500rpm) there she was HUNTIN LIKE FUCK!!!!

anyone know what colour the wire is at ecu for IACV?? connection A pin 9 yeah??
edit
what voltage reading should i get at the ECU connection A pin 9 IACV
was told around 10volts with ignition on engine off ?? im only gettin 0.11volts???

cheers john.

Last edited:
turned out to be loose contection for IACV at shock tower
icon_cheers.png
icon_cheers.png
icon_cheers.png

funny how its always the simple things that can fuck with ya head . she fecking FLYIN NOW

thanks lads for all replies
861552.gif

Be sure to double check your tp sensor or you will have a jumpy throttle at take of it should have .45v at closed throttle and .5v at full throttle. but good to see you fixed it. and Im not sure which wires to check my trusty book is at my parents house, but I do know thats the settings it should be at.

Back