B16A SiR-II next step

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well I was going to match it up and go 2.0 the rest of the way but I think I may just get a 2.5 and take it to the exhaust shop and have them make it work for me. I was originally going to do a custom exhaust in my garage but it would cost more for me to do that then it would to just buy a cat-back and have them do it.

Its good to get them to do it cause it will (should) be done right, plus they know how to bend a pipe thats for sure. My shop had to drill a hole in my hatch floor to put a mount there cause the stock mounts cant support my muffler lol.

this shop is a good one. one of the guys has done quite a bit of work for a friend of mine. He is a good guy and overall a good welder. but yeah what brand do you suggest...not to thread jack...? relatively cheap if possible I have a project car that takes the majority of my money.

Well find out how much it would cost to get a shop to replace your piping to 2.5 or whatever, and price how much it was for a pre-made exhaust package.

It will probably be cheaper to buy the muffler you want and get shop pipe.

$75 at the muffler shop. At least that's how much I paid for my mid pipe.

HKS wanted $200 for a mid-pipe. After I stopped laughing when I found out the price, I went to the muffler shop that day and all they told me was that it was going to weigh a whole pound more than the HKS. Oooooooo, whopidido! Muffler shop for the win. SWOOSH! :D

For sure. Its funny how people slap a name brand on something and jack up the price a ton and think it will fly because frankly it does fly sometimes. hence the name's porsche, ferrari, lamborghini.

but anyways back to the original thread....dude you could pick up some gsr cams for a decent price and it would give you a bit more power. Or so I have heard....I stick to the d-series motors.

If I may suggest, try checking out Evasivemotorsports.com on Honda-Tech. The guys on there gave me THE best price for my Skunk2's. Just PM them, don't go to their site 'cause yeah, they're a bit more expensive there.

but anyways back to the original thread....dude you could pick up some gsr cams for a decent price and it would give you a bit more power. Or so I have heard....I stick to the d-series motors.

if that was to me, that was an option, but I was even thinking about Type-R cams, and Intake manifold but heck we can just forget the convo about that stuff for now, an stick to h/i/e for a while, because after I get new tires and new shocks and springs i'm gonna be done for a while. because right now looking at the KYB Gr-2 shocks and springs, and looking at 4 new Falken ziex 912's that's gonna be anywhere from $700+

sounds good...So here is a noob question...Since I will be having the b16a sir-ii motor in my car, i would need to get the header for that engine, but still get the exhaust for my year car correct?

Correct. The header is specific to the engine. The exhaust is specific to the chassis...

My tires suck, not worn, just crappy compound, cant stop in the rain, spin the tires into 4th. Since my car is not a winter car i should spend some $$$ on some good rubber.

its all opinon based, they more then likly have a high satisfaction rate, but there will be 1 guy whos not happy and tells all his friends they suck and so on. what do you want as far as parts from them? like cams (dont) or valves and valve springs?

I was gonna say man if your spinnin your tires into 4th dry and all you have is a full exhaust, a jdm b16 and an intake you have got to be the best tuner ever.

Back