b16A vtec help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You Dont Sound Too Sure

A Fuel Filter Thats Old And Dirty Would Drop Fuel Pressure

And Do The Same Thing

Make Sure THE PUMP IS WORKING

Last edited:
true but would it cause it not to revv past 3600 cuz it get to 3600 with no prolbem at all it jsut like hits a rev limiter kinda would a stock fuel pump puse engopuh gas to run a b16 or a b18?

yeah, the stock fuel pump would be good enough to hit the rpm you want

But if you say the engine sounds like its at rev limit at only 3600 rpm

I would

-double check the vtec wiring

-try another DIZZY

-try another ECU

"D"

you can try a pm6 or pr4 just to see if that low rev limit goes away

dont forget to try another DIZZ too

pm6 - 90-91 si

pr4 - 90 - 91 ls

I know they are not vtec

I suggested that to see if you get higher revs easy

then you will know if your ecu is fried

ill try another dizzy too but when we bought tha car it was running that ecu and it was only at 3600 so u figured it was tha ecu thats why we bought one so it must be tha dizzy cuz we tried 3 ecus but 2 of them were non vtec
then tha pr3 and we get tha same shit with all tha wires hooked up i think my friend found a guy thats does wiring so hes gonna check it out and see what happens and hopefully we get good news

still no luck we got a new dizzy on it and we got all tha codes cleared had 4 wires in tha wrong spot in tha engine bay conecctor.
now it still wonr revv more than 3500rpm what else will control tha rpms like that want bout timming? if its off will it not let it revv up? or how bout a blowen head gasket? theres no wanter in tha oil thoguh.
it starts fine and idles fine.
idk what else to do

any info would help

when i bought my rex.. the kid had said he and his buddy had just rebuilt the motor.. but was having problems revving past 3500... timing was off.. and had a few bent valves... so yes.. double check your timing.

ok so i just got off tha phone wiht my friend and hes gonna check tha timming he also told me that when he is movving tha dizzy back and fourth tha engine idle stays tha same dosent rev up or down like it should we have changed tha fuel relay already that was a prol;bem too were gonna do tha filter next luckey we have a b18a1 hatch 89 has all tha same parts so were using parts off that.

were gonna check tha valves today or tomarrow if the valves are not bent then what else do you guys think?

Back