b16A vtec help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if all that checks out ok.. i would check the voltage at the TPS and make sure the voltage is jumping when you hit the throttle... if remember it should be 5v at wide open throttle.. and .35-.42v at idle... someone correct me if thats wrong.

u need to take an obd1 dizzy caue the pick up are diff than the obdo then it will run i just did a da 92 teg like that . And is your pr3 obd1 ?

case the pick up are diff there are like 24 in the obdo and 26 in the obd1. For the pr3 i think think thats the frist year obd1 for the da teg.

why cant i use tha obd0 dizzy i heard its an obd0 motor how do i figure out ifs its a obd1 pr3? no its a obd0 cuz it has the pulgs for a obd0 ecu.
i will check tha voltage when i get off work its 4 in tha morning and i get off at 8 so im going to work on it as soon as i get off.
well my friend timmed it when i wasnt there and now it dosent want to start. so im assuming he did it wrong or something. so if i use tha obd1 dizzy dont i have to get an obd1 ecu? or can i still use tha obd0 ecu? and then i have to chnge dizzy plugs. sorry if this dosent make any sence like i said its 4 in tha morning im really tird.

and confused.

im gonna re time it and then check tha tps volts.
so what do i have to do to run tha obd1 dizzy?

ok big question i didnt think it mattered but we only have one 02 sensor wired up and there is 2 will htis affect it at all? i know when we pulled tha plugs they were black so its running lean and i just read up on it and it said soemrhign bout that but my question.

will it revv correctly with only one o2 sensor connected?

hey, just read the whole post, sucks that your having this much trouble.
yeah the second o2 may have something to do with it, maybe.
theres no need to try obd1 anything.
if the car, engine, and ecu are all obd0 then try another obd0 dizzy.
the problem is that no parts stores carry the dizzy for obdo b16.
i had to replace mine when i first did my swap and had to order one offline.
are you sure that theres no antifreeze in the oil? try changing the oil to know for sure. a friend of mine did a b20/vtec and after he got it started it wouldnt rev past 3500, turns out he blew the head gasket.

and how exactly did your friend time it? if he adjusted the belt and it wont start now then he most likely bent some valves.
but i would try the dizzy first. if you know somebody with a b16 then ask if you can swap their dizzy just to see.

i had a similar problem with the motor not revving properly. the mistake i made was that i did not used a shielded wire on the knock sensor. the wire needed has a copper core with either copper or steel wire strands surrounding the inner core. there should have been shielded wire with the harness on the motor when purchased already connected to the knock sensor. if not i used a 15' piece of electric guitar cord used to plug into an amp. connect the inner core to the knock sensor and the outer stands to a ground. if the knock sensor is not grounded properly it can pick up engine vibrations and retard the timing. this could explain why your motor is not revving and the plugs are black and probably fouled. this will only help once the other problems are corrected. i hope this was helpful and good luck.

i agree.. keep everything obd0. do you have a timing light? if not then buy/borrow one to double check your timing. double check the tps, and maybe the o2 sensor does have something to do with it. that whole knock sensor issue is the first ive seen... but it couldnt hurt to look into it. also make sure the firing order is correct and that the dizzy isnt 180* out.. honda dizzy's are only supposed to be able to go in one way.. but ive seen them put in wrong. and if after all that it still dont run, or run correctly.. then i would take the head off and have a machine shop check out the head.

the knock sensor wont have anything to do with it reving, i drove mine for about 3 weeks without any of those wired up, it just wont let vtec hit.

well there has been a hole in tha oil pan so we han to change tha oil a few times to weld tha pan so i know theres no water in the oil ima check again but im pretty sure these not. anoht er thing. on tha drivers side in tha engine bay near the resistor for tha fuel injectors there is a plug with a blue wire and a black and yellow wire and i dont know where it goes. dose any one have a clue ?

i will try to get a pic of it asap it looks like a coil connector from tha dizzy. and thw connector was added on it like i dont think its tha stock connector idk im lost ill just get a pic asap

FINALLY

well we had a friend come check it out and it turned out to be tha timming so it runs good revvs alllll tha way up and it hauls ass thanks for all tha help

peace

now back to tha b18 hatch and try ta finish that one

Back