B16a1 Into A 88 Dx Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RHD = Right Hand Drive (steering wheel on the right side of car) the plugs are backwards because the engine bay connections are on the other side in Japan,therefore when you try to plug the harness into your car the conections are on the wrong side.

The ECU on the other hand will fit your cabin harness,since they plug in the the same.

The wires in the car just go to opposite side in japan,but originate from the same spots on the ECU,even though it is on the otherside of the cabin in Japan.

so your saying if i put the ECU on the left my cabin plugs will hook but the harness won't because it won't reach because its made to go to the right not the left but if i put the Ecu on the right side only the wiring harness will hook up and not the cabin plugs? please tell me if im getting this because this is what it sounds like your saying.

Originally posted by crxswap@Mar 18 2003, 02:57 AM
so your saying if i put the ECU on the left my cabin plugs will hook but the harness won't because it won't reach because its made to go to the right not the left but if i put the Ecu on the right side only the wiring harness will hook up and not the cabin plugs? please tell me if im getting this because this is what it sounds like your saying.

No,no,no....

You plug the ECU into your cabin harness in it's present location.Then you take the JDM harness and throw it away.Now plug in your harness and the HAsport subharness,following their instructions.But since you have a DX you need to do the DPFI to MPFI conversion first,and make you present harness work.

so take the harness i have on the car at this moment conver it to mpfi then have hasport make a "subharness" (wich is a harness that coverts my harness to hook up to the ECU?)?? am i on the right track now?

Much,much better :spin: except,you won't be dealing with the harness that goes to you ECU other than to plug it in.The harness is for the engine and plugs in around the shock towers (where the shock absorbers,bolt on to the car.)You won't need to remove any thing from your cabin. :D

Sorry this prolly wont help, but to help clean the US hoodline, take a diegrinder and cut some of the hood braces out from under the hood. Now be careful and dont let fatasses sit on your hood.

THis is a suggestion only, not what you should do. My buddy did his the hard way. He swapped out the whole entire body harness on his standard 88 civic so he wouldn't have to splice. It was pricey and tough but worth it you could say. No spliced wires anywhere in the entire car. All he did was run vtec wires after that.

regular harness stays hooked up to ecu then sub harness connects around the shock tower if this is correct my only question is how do you convert to mpfi??

Originally posted by crxswap@Mar 18 2003, 03:49 AM
regular harness stays hooked up to ecu then sub harness connects around the shock tower if this is correct my only question is how do you convert to mpfi??

I'm not sure if the subharness for your vtec and what not goes to the shock tower or straight to the ECU plugs,but it is easier than the previous "rewire the whole car"idea by decades of reasonable thought.

As for rewiring for MPFI,(I hate to say it) get the new Hondatuning,there is a whole articles with parts,pics and instructions.Or check out the articles section here for parts and instructions.

thank you for going through all these trials and tribulations with me over this harness thing i understand now :spin: i really appreciate it, they need more people like you on this site that are willing to help those less knowledgable on this whole swapping engines thing. and again thanks alot !!!!!!!!!!! :D

P. S. im going to bed now so this is my last post for tonight "ttyl" (talk to you later)

fuck a B16A, I say put in a supercharged yugo Ra-1.2 liter. That should get you some respect. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Mar 17 2003, 10:08 PM
fuck a B16A, I say put in a supercharged yugo Ra-1.2 liter. That should get you some respect. :rolleyes:

If you are gonna troll and post stupid shit like you did in the forced induction forum.. you can be removed from the board.

Back