b16a1 into integra 1990

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i deceid to use the stock b16 header downpipe but im wondering why i had to removed this bar that connects to main frame compents together here what it looks like and does anyone know the signifcanse of this bar?
the engine woudln't go in because the exhust down pipe was hitting it
bar-integra.jpg

the engine is all in im about to start it soon =)

i can give you a pic of where it went as well if u guys have never seen this

I dont know what will happen if you dont have that mount, but i dont think you need to find out the hard way, do ya?

its not in the manual i have but my manual is for a 92-93 and in the book it shows them using a 4-2 header thats probaly why

also it wasn't on my gf's crx

so im just wondering why its on my integra

im just trying to figureout what to do

You need to notch that front cross memeber so that your header will clear. You have to in a CRX too (hehe I forgot and had to pull my engine out again because it wouldn't fit :doh). Just take a hack saw and cut a slit on either side of the header and then beat it in with a hammer.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Dec 30 2004, 12:40 PM
You need to notch that front cross memeber so that your header will clear. You have to in a CRX too (hehe I forgot and had to pull my engine out again because it wouldn't fit :doh). Just take a hack saw and cut a slit on either side of the header and then beat it in with a hammer.
[post=439181]Quoted post[/post]​

The bar pictured is not his Front Cross Member. That's the SubFrame Connector.

where is the knock sensor plug on my b16?

a pic would be helpful

ok i think if found it but i thought i had to add a wire for the knock sensor?
(its right below the intake manifold right)
my usdm b18a1 sensor has a knock plug in it or atleast a plug that fits there i thought i had to add one from my jdm harrness? or do i just use the new knock wire i made and plug that into the knock sensor

ok in the knock sensor plug there two wires and most vtec wireing websites and how-tos tell you how to add "one wire" for the knock sensor?

im confused on with this knock sensor wireing

All you have to do is get the correct plug and run a single wire from the knock sensor to the ECU. The sensor is on the back of the block above the oil filter. The plug that goes to it is a single green clip if that helps.

ok i just put the engine in my car and everything is hooked up,

the engine turns the starters works fine i even tryed jumper cables

but it wont start

i took one of the sparkplugs out and it was soaked with fuel
so i took the distributer cap off can cleaned everything there...

what could it be, what should i test?

Your b18a1 distributor should be the same as the one from the b16a. They're both OBD0. My engine wouldn't start at first either and guess what was wrong? Nothing. Keep turning that baby over and eventually you should get it to start as long as you are getting fuel and spark. Oh yeah, you should check to see if you are getting good spark. Sometimes it just takes a while for the engine to fire, I don't know why. It took me probably 10-15 tries before mine started, but it has never failed me since (and that was a year ago).

ok they arent the same because the 3 bolts that go into the engine...that pattern is different manybe ill try to just start it more....

i just realized when i turn the key to the on posistion the check engine light doesn't go on
it should right?

what could be wrong with that?

the battery and oil light stay on

I would recheck your ECU wiring and perhapse even test someone else's ECU. If you arn't getting response from your ECU it could be bad. If its not the ECU thats bad, try replacing the distributor cap and rotor, you could also look into a new coil. Also, Double check your grounds, are they all in the right places?

1st - check your wiring
2nd - check ECU
3rd - replace distributor components

could i use my old ecu just to "check" and see if the check engine light comes on

cuz i duuno anyone with a pr3 ecu =(

Back