1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b16a2 no spark

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by oddballesi, Nov 6, 2008.

1. oddballesi

oddballesi New Member

after trying to sorting the wiring out i changed the b16 loom over to me z6 one and then back again after i notice some of the sockets were in different places

The car was running before i done this and now i plugged it back together im getting no SPARK at all it worked before why not now.

thought it was the dizzy so i checked connections all getting the right voltage i have got a brand new one coming.

i havent got the o2 sensor plugged in yet and some random nipple plug on the back of the engine anybody think they would affect it

also everytime i do try and start it theres a strange electrical humming noise

shouldn't taken it apart but shit happens

any solutions cheers guys

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Grounds, grounds, grounds, and when you're done checking your grounds, check rour grounds.

3. SiR2Coupe

SiR2Coupe New Member

check your ignition coil and igniter see if the coil is any good. check primary secondary resistance

4. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

Definitely the grounds. Its almost always the one that bolts to the thermostat housing. That one has gotten me before.

5. Lee7pcNOOb

Lee7pcNOOb New Member

Clean with some carb cleaner or something and sand all of your ground with sandpaper along with the grounding surface, i used that to get a good ground with my swap. and once its sanded cover it up with something, maybe plastic caps

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted