B16A2 numbers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bdogggut34

Anybody have some HP and TORQUE numbers on a boosted B16a2 on about 5-8 psi? I'm looking to run mid 13s to high 12s and was wondering if this motor is capable of this on lower boost without completely building internals? Going into a 92 Si hatch.

boosted, depends on the altitude and other factors...um I'll guess about 210 hp/140 ft lbs... I dunno. I just know you won't get 12s with that in a heavy 92 Si hatch. Get a EG VX hatch, weighs something like just over 2000 lbs, do a weight reduction and you might see 13s.

A boosted b16a2 should have no problem getting into the 12's. With good fuel management and tuning a b-series motor should be able to handle 300whp. My civic coupe on slicks is almost in the 12's and i have a stock d16z6 boosted.

5-8 psi is not going to net 300 whp.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jun 29 2004, 09:22 PM
5-8 psi is not going to net 300 whp.

I know, but from reading his question it sounds like he wasn't sure if his motor could handle much more than 5-8 psi with stock internals. I was simply stating that it could handle quite a bit of power and be reliable with proper tuning and good fuel management. I think it's a waste to run such low psi on a b16a or b18c considering how far you can push these motors with stock internals.

Alright, so how much can it "safely" handle on internals then? I honestly was just guessing that low boost like 5-8 would be max on stock internals. I definitely want 13s, but be safe about it also.

Originally posted by bdogggut34@Jul 5 2004, 10:16 PM
Anybody?? How much more is it gonna take to get me into the 13s with a B16A2?

What car? can you drive? What tires? What suspension? On a side note, B16A2's have seen 13's in hatchs with I/H/E, and some great driving.

Back